America alone

So Trump has now withdrawn the U.S. from the Paris climate agreement. His "America first" policy is turning into "America alone" policy. As concerns fight against climate change and keeping the global temperature rise under two degrees Celsius, the world is now divided into two blocks. The block that does not care about the future of the next generations (includes Trump´s children and grandchildren) consists of three countries: the U.S., Syria and Nicaragua - these three will probably start negotiating about a new agreement between themselves. In the other block there are 195 countries that are committed to the Paris agreement, EU and China now leading the global climate policy. Even North Korea belongs this block, though their leader is as crazy as Trump. The same with many other Asian and African countries - the leaders on the top may be crazy, but the countries have signed the agreement,.

I have always thought that the President is supposed to work for the good of the country and their citizens, not for causing disasters. The American voters have elected a walking catastrophe as their President, and the citizens, especially the next generations will have to carry the consequences. I would not mind if this was an issue that would have no impacts outside the U.S., but climate change is a global issue, and the U.S. government has no right to neglect it and cause problems to the rest of the world. I can never ever accept that Trump wants to spoil the future of my children and grandchildren (and he does not even understand what he is doing). I think the rest of the world shall force the U.S. to implement the Paris agreement by setting up economic sanctions, much more severe than the current sanctions on Russia. Our family has already decided on sanctions: no traveling to the U.S., no purchases of American products.

Fortunately, Trump cannot easily succeed in causing environmental problems inside and outside his country. Many frontrunner states and companies are already proceeding towards renewable energy and other environmental improvements, no matter what Washington says. The clean energy programs continue, and Trump´s dreams of bringing back fossile fuels are doomed to death - who would want to invest in coal mines?! And Trump has already spoiled his own political future as well as that of the republican party. According to the rules of the Paris agreement, the withdrawal can take place in November 2020 at the earliest. If Mike Pence has not taken over the Presidency by that time (I do not know about his climate policy), at least then the U.S. will get a new President who is a Democrat and will return to the Paris agreement and will restart Clean Power Plan. Until then, we who live in the responsible countries cannot but hope that the world will pull through with minimal damages.

Have a look at Trump´s announcement and Arnold Schwarzenegger´s message to Trump. Too bad this post is on a voyeur site only, which is crazy in a way

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11868389

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

He said on the Campaign Trail he was going to get out of the Paris Climate Agreement and he did just that.   I like a guy who lives up to his word.

He Promised and He Delivered. 

I'd rather see him live up to his promise to provide more health care at lower cost.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, eagleb1 said:

I'd rather see him live up to his promise to provide more health care at lower cost.

That was a promise he made to have done within his first 100 Days of Office.  I know ObamaCare is dead but I don't know if something is set up to take the place of it. I don't know how much Premiums are. In Canada Healthcare is free for about 60% of Canadian Residents. All we do is flash a Health Card with your Picture and Health Number and you're Automatically Covered.

https://greenjihad.com/2017/06/02/the-sad-truth-about-the-paris-climate-accord/

The sad truth about the Paris climate accord. So just calm down :biggrin: The most expensive treaty ever in the history of the world.

A little more food for thought

https://greenjihad.com/2017/05/26/dire-climate-change-predictions-that-have-not-come-true/

• Upvote 1

It is normal that it costs dear for the United States seen that until now they had nothing to beat of the planet ^ ^
But it's cool you'll still be able to destroy the planet as long as it keeps your hand on your wallet ;-)
I think that one forgets the essential thing that is to live together on this beautiful Earth and for that it is necessary that each one to make efforts, unfortunately certain must do more than other

I completely agree that we need to address this issue, but I do not think we need to continue to be the majority funding mechanism for all these things that better the world, the world has grown up now, and can surely fund a lot these programs evenly with the US, we can still lead in these endeavors with science and technology, we don't always have to lead with our wallets though. National debt of 20 trillion dollars and has increased from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in the last 8 years, no longer do we carry a top triple AAA bond capability but has dropped to just B+. It not that we don't care, the US cares about global warming as long as everyone in the accord is held to the same standard of funding and emission(China and India) levels period. I applaud Trump for thinking about the American taxpayer burden. It is just being Fiscally Responsible to the American Taxpayer. That is why Trump was elected, so there will be more of the same mentality in future towards the worlds politics that cost the US far more than any other country. The standard must equal for all, after all that is the mission of a global economy is it not ?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

He said on the Campaign Trail he was going to get out of the Paris Climate Agreement and he did just that.   I like a guy who lives up to his word.

He Promised and He Delivered. 

So you are a man of principle. If Trump has promised something and keeps his promises, you like it, no matter what effects his promises have. Promising to neglect climate change is like promising to kill people in the long run. Do you really think that kind of promises are worth admiring?!

44 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

So you are a man of principle. If Trump has promised something and keeps his promises, you like it, no matter what effects his promises have. Promising to neglect climate change is like promising to kill people in the long run. Do you really think that kind of promises are worth admiring?!

So what killed the dinosaurs?  Man was not even here--OH it was climate change :exclamation:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/06/dinosaurs-killed-off-by-one-two-punch-of-climate-change-and-asteroid-strike-study

50 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

Whatever is going to happen and impact the World is going to be long after my time and everyone else's time that's alive in the World today. 

I'll be asleep in my grave long before it ever happens.

In my personal opinion of it the Al Gore's and the David Suzuki's have most of the World Brainwashed.  Anyone knows you play with Mother Nature you're going to get burned.

• Upvote 2