Kathy Griffin + most comedians - stop hiding!

Let me preface saying I am a conservative and I voted along Republican lines. OK....

There is much to say about Kathy Griffin's "parody" on Trump that the more I think about it, the more upset I get.  Not because I'm a conservative (I would have been equally offended if it was Obama's head on display) but because comedians have the AUDACITY to hide behind their 1st amendment rights in the USA (the right of free speech) to express how they truly feel

Don't think for one second that Griffin's actions were just a parody.  She (and countless others) dislikes Trump to the extent of wishing him harm (or death). But by hiding behind the 1st amendment, they feel they can shade their true feelings.

...and that's what makes me proud to be a conservative.  Conservatives cherish the 1st amendment for its true intention. To morally, ethically, honestly and with integrity be allowed an opinion WITHOUT being insulting, self-serving or implying (or promoting) harm to another.

Unfortunately with Griffin's actions, conservatives have better things to do then react publicly and give her more attention. No doubt...no doubt at all if it was Tim Allen, Mike Rowe, Bruce Willis or James Woods holding Obama's head, liberals would be protesting in the streets and, I fear (and has been historically proven), might riot or cause bodily harm to those who oppose their beliefs.  But that's what liberals do: They play the victim, government gives them more free stuff to appease them (and get their vote in the polls) and in turn, its hard working people who get taxed for it.

So much more to say but I'll leave it at this for now.  Bottom line is (IMO), there is a continuing moral and ethical decay in society and its the liberals to blame for it.

• Upvote 4

all the fuzz about an albeit tasteless piece of "humor", while in the real -not media- world, a white supremacist slits ther throats of two people, who step in his way, protecting a muslim woman from haressement. the uproar from conservatives in trumps camp was so incredibly loud, i still got a ringing in my ears..:cool:

Celebrities are irrelevant.

She trolled the Prez, got called out on it, and now she's transformed into a sensitive snowflake whose feelings are hurt as if Trump started the whole thing.

Reminds me of modding the Barc threads!

t or s.jpg

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, baronsamedi said:

all the fuzz about an albeit tasteless piece of "humor", while in the real -not media- world, a white supremacist slits ther throats of two people, who step in his way, protecting a muslim woman from haressement. the uproar from conservatives in trumps camp was so incredibly loud, i still got a ringing in my ears..:cool:

And it is not often conservatives speak up.

On a related issue, even liberals are distancing themselves from Griffin. Other then a couple comedians, the LGBT community has been relatively quiet. Several (I think 8) venues have cancelled her shows (two cancelled after her news conference w/ the attorney).  Also, while she states the Trumps are bullying her, it wasn't any of them holding a severed head of the president and tweeting about it (oh wait, that's not bullying - that's "parody" because she's a comedian...hiding behind the 1st amendment).  And....so little is being written in main stream media how she said in Vulture (http://www.vulture.com/) last November that she's going after Barron Trump (a child), as if he too is free to be made parody of.

She really dug herself a hole.  If she comes out of it (which I think she will, unfortunately), it will be the liberals to thank.  And that being the case, it further solidifies the moral and ethical decay of society; which is the root of my original post.  It's a shame that responsible, morally (and/or faith-based) parents today have to shield their children from TV or social media if they want their kids to be independent thinkers and not reactionaries or emotional lemmings. 

The Paris Accord is a prime example. Trump pulled out NOT because he thinks the environment is less an issue than other world leaders (indeed he isn't a die-hard environmentalist). He pulled out because as it was originally agreed on by Obama (who never took the agreement to the Senate because he knew it wouldn't pass), it was costing the US as much as $2.7 billion over the next (approx) 12 years ($500 million between 2018-2020) while most other countries were paying next to nothing in comparison. Other countries are bitching because they were relying on YOUR TAX DOLLARS (Hello, McFly ...YOUR TAX DOLLARS!!!) to fund much of their environmental programs.  

Liberals still think the Paris Accord was a contract.  It is an understanding between those involved (China and India, two of the largest polluters on the planet, never agreed on any of the proposals). They are anti-Trump because their reasoning is mostly based on emotions.  Same goes for abolishing (changing) ObamaCare; a conversation for another time.

Trump did the right thing AND he fulfilled one of his campaign promises. No reason for the US to bear the financial responsibility.

• Upvote 2

What is so amazing is that she is blaming Trump for ending her career.. I got news--it is the liberal media channels that have cancelled her contracts

--not conservatives or Trump. for example:

ATLANTA (CBS/AP) — Kathy Griffin has lost her job co-hosting New Year’s Eve on CNN after she posted online a bloody image that resembled President Donald Trump.

The network tweeted Wednesday afternoon that it has terminated its agreement with the comedian.

20 minutes ago, happyone said:

What is so amazing is that she is blaming Trump for ending her career.. I got news--it is the liberal media channels that have cancelled her contracts

--not conservatives or Trump. for example:

ATLANTA (CBS/AP) — Kathy Griffin has lost her job co-hosting New Year’s Eve on CNN after she posted online a bloody image that resembled President Donald Trump.

The network tweeted Wednesday afternoon that it has terminated its agreement with the comedian.

On a related issue, Lisa Bloom, her attorney (who happens to be the daughter of famed attorney Gloria Allred), basically wrote the text of the news conference. While she did her job, *I* think she did herself a dis-service trying to spin the story as if Griffin is the victim.  As I live in Southern California, I can tell you people here are not buying it. They also FINALLY recognize that attorneys such as Bloom (and her mother) are basically paid celebrity prostitutes: While attorneys are suppose to protect/represent the client's best interest, Bloom and Allread want as much as the spotlight at the expense of their clients. Side note: I work in a related field - I know EXACTLY the (damage control) process from the time Bloom & Griffin first spoke until the minute before the news conference began.

But I digress. Speaking from a local perspective, the general public (in my case, people at my gym this morning - who are mostly liberal) are not buying Griffin's position. Although 95% don't agree with Trump on anything, they acknowledge that not only did Griffin cross the line with the 'beheading', but that she's making herself out to be the victim further addresses that she's lost sight the difference between what's right and garnering attention for herself.  *I* still think she'll come out of all this OK because she's the best friend the LGBT community ever had. And if you want to be accepted in "Hollywood" and in politics, you need to be receptive (i.e. suck up) to the LGBT community. 

• Upvote 2

brah, i don´t care about kathy griffin, she brought it on her self. yet i find the outrarge  disproportionate to her tasteless actions than to the actual racist murders in portland. 

as for paris, i don´t give a rats ass for what orange mayhem thinks.. as a captitalist i think theres mo money in renewable energies then in the old ones

as a new orleanian i say don´t fuck with our coast and wet lands

as for climate change its a simple thing. either the sceptics are right or the believers. if the sceptics are right and we dont do anything we might get off aight. if the believers are right and we don´t do any thing we fucked. if the sceptics are right and we do something.. no harm done...if the believers are wrong and we still do something we gonna be alright. ....

• Upvote 1