London Attack June 3, 2017

Here we go again with another senseless attack at at this time three seperate locations.  One at London Bridge where pedistrians were run over by a van, another location, Borough Market had a a knife attack and a third location, in the Vauxhall area.  The terrorist just want to stop us from living our lives, but we cannot give in.  If we do they win!!  My heart and prayers go out to those folks in London and the first responders!!  Stay vigilant and keep living your life!! 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, manbat321 said:

Here we go again with another senseless attack at at this time three seperate locations.  One at London Bridge where pedistrians were run over by a van, another location, Borough Market had a a knife attack and a third location, in the Vauxhall area.  The terrorist just want to stop us from living our lives, but we cannot give in.  If we do they win!!  My heart and prayers go out to those folks in London and the first responders!!  Stay vigilant and keep living your life!! 

It's a sad World we live in when one can't go outside and enjoy themselves. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's a sad World we live in when one can't go outside and enjoy themselves. 

True, but we cannot give in and stop living our lives.  We have to continue to enjoy our freedoms no matter how much radical extremist want to take it away from us!! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manbat321 said:

True, but we cannot give in and stop living our lives.  We have to continue to enjoy our freedoms no matter how much radical extremist want to take it away from us!! 

People still have to live their lives and go about their business. They just have to be extra careful when they're out and be aware of their surroundings.

• Upvote 1

Once again our thoughts are with all our friends in the UK and especially in London, another senseless terrorist attack on purely innocent people enjoying life. We must make the stand that is enough and we the human race will no longer stand for these chicken shit mid evil tactics. We stand with all the countries that condemn this nonsense and are ready to rise up and defeat this evil empire. The time has come to put an end to this senseless loss of innocent life.

• Upvote 3

I agree we must unite and find a way to stomp out these threats, but I fear that this is just a part of our lives now.  We have to remain strong and committed to living in a open society no matter what the extremist want to take away from us!  In the meantime I pray that the people in London remain vigilant!!  I've had the opportunity to visit these places that were attacked tonight and I know from personal experience that I never thought when I was there that these kind of cowardly attacks would occur.  But times have changed and we must aways be aware of our surroundings now!

• Upvote 2

I've just come back from a beautiful, idyllic, peaceful place to this again....I'm well aware it can happen in those quiet places too but it just seems like a different world to me, where I was on holiday, right now. I just can't get my head around what's happening and how these people, and many are normal folk like us, can be brainwashed into thinking these pointless acts of terrorism will solve anything. Sadly it makes a difference to the families and friends affected but ultimately it won't make a difference on a bigger scale. This is happening too often now, although once is once too often!...Some drastic action needs to be taken, but I haven't a clue what...:huh:

Again, my thoughts are with all those affected.....

• Upvote 1

People that attack innoncent civilains going about their lives are just cowards!!  I do hope that they don't die in their so called mission of martydom, but caught and forced to be held accountable for these heinious acts in a court of law!! 

London Mayor says "what great first responders we have" what you mean, there are people already dead, you did not prevent the attack dingleberry.  Prime Minister allow law binding citizens to have guns, you have too many Muslims terrorists in your town as it is citizens need to to be on the watch and take action before police arrive.  Our San Bernadino attack is we let those two Syrian fucks into our country several years ago.  Need to vet these people and ban them.

• Upvote 2

Realistically, the world looks at TWO countries when it comes to combating terrorism: Israel & the USA.

Israel because it deals with terrorism daily.  Unfortunately, the world is so accustomed to Israel getting bombarded with rockets & suicide bombers, they get media blasted if they defend themselves. If only people (those younger then 50) would take the time to understand the history of the Israeli/Palestian situation, no doubt more people would side towards Israel (instead of just being a lemming among other lemmings).  Discussion for another thread.

But its the US the world looks to for stomping out these Muslim extremest. And since the US is more reactionary then proactive (excluding standard security measures) when it comes to these matters, nothing will happen until a bomb goes off on US soil. And with the US Courts blocking every Trump mandate to halt people coming into the US from countries that promote terrorism  (as Obama did in a very similar manner for a few months early in his presidency), it will be MUCH sooner that the USA gets tagged by a terror attack.  And when it does, Trump is very much like Ronald Reagan when it comes to using US military (shoot first, ask questions later - to Hell with political correctiveness).

Personally, I am very selective when and to where I go out. Will not go to a baseball or basketball game. Definitely will not go to a concert unless its in a small venue. I will avoid at all costs an area near a tourist attraction (which are many as I'm in SoCal). And as I have family who depend on me, I vowed to do everything possible NOT to become a victim (which is why, although illegal, I carry a concealed firearm with me most of the time).

With summer here in the US, the timing is right for something wrong to happen.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Howard said:

Realistically, the world looks at TWO countries when it comes to combating terrorism: Israel & the USA.

Israel because it deals with terrorism daily.  Unfortunately, the world is so accustomed to Israel getting bombarded with rockets & suicide bombers, they get media blasted if they defend themselves. If only people (those younger then 50) would take the time to understand the history of the Israeli/Palestian situation, no doubt more people would side towards Israel (instead of just being a lemming among other lemmings).  Discussion for another thread.

But its the US the world looks to for stomping out these Muslim extremest. And since the US is more reactionary then proactive (excluding standard security measures) when it comes to these matters, nothing will happen until a bomb goes off on US soil. And with the US Courts blocking every Trump mandate to halt people coming into the US from countries that promote terrorism  (as Obama did in a very similar manner for a few months early in his presidency), it will be MUCH sooner that the USA gets tagged by a terror attack.  And when it does, Trump is very much like Ronald Reagan when it comes to using US military (shoot first, ask questions later - to Hell with political correctiveness).

Personally, I am very selective when and to where I go out. Will not go to a baseball or basketball game. Definitely will not go to a concert unless its in a small venue. I will avoid at all costs an area near a tourist attraction (which are many as I'm in SoCal). And as I have family who depend on me, I vowed to do everything possible NOT to become a victim (which is why, although illegal, I carry a concealed firearm with me most of the time).

With summer here in the US, the timing is right for something wrong to happen.

Ahmen SoCal. Hit the mark.

Put cement barricades on the London bridge for now, build a barrier between traffic and people then no one gets killed on the bridge, simple logic, c'mon London Mayor, tourists are getting killed on this thing.  I also heard reports there was minimal security outside Manchester arena the route the terrorist took, what the fuck, big concert, you need a force from past experience.  Ariana wants to go back there?  No save your life stay away, terrorists are probably planning again, my god!