XLife - new streaming service from the owners behind RLC

Noldus

34 minutes ago, Photic said:

I'm an annual plan subscriber myself. But I only do it because I consider it a good value for what you get. But with the new model of subbing to each apartment that would cause the price to soar if you subbed to them all. I mean right now if you break it down, with the RLC annual plan it only costs $1.25/month per apartment for 21 apartments and the two villas. But with this new website it's nearly $45/month for only 9 apartments, that's $5 per apartment instead of $1.25 per apartment, not including the villas. So yeah, pretty terrible value in my opinion, 

I guess it all depends on what you get out of the site. Yeah it might end up being a better deal but I would never watch all the apartments. I'd never pay $45 for access to all apartments if I don't care about the other apartments, but I'd have no problem dropping $10 to watch the one I do care about.

Plus - How long will this last? I mean, for how long will 2 sites exist side by side. Because IF the plan is for XLife to take over, what happens to the GOVs? Will they be closed down after Nelly and Bogdan leave? Maye this is all part of the plan. But considering the GOVs are for some people the only reason they watch, it will be interesting to see how things go. 

2 minutes ago, miscvoyeur said:

I guess it all depends on what you get out of the site. Yeah it might end up being a better deal but I would never watch all the apartments. I'd never pay $45 for access to all apartments if I don't care about the other apartments, but I'd have no problem dropping $10 to watch the one I do care about.

Yeah sure, if you're only interested in watching one of them I can see the benefit of that. But for me the best thing about RLC is the variety of apartments. I agree though, for people that just want to watch a single apartment it's not such a bad deal. If they keep the two pricing models seperated I won't mind, but if they make this the new normal that's when I'll have a problem with it. 

7 minutes ago, chogdad said:

Plus - How long will this last? I mean, for how long will 2 sites exist side by side. Because IF the plan is for XLife to take over, what happens to the GOVs? Will they be closed down after Nelly and Bogdan leave? Maye this is all part of the plan. But considering the GOVs are for some people the only reason they watch, it will be interesting to see how things go. 

Personally I would welcome the closure of the Barcelona club house apartments including B1 and B2 BUT I'm rather stumped on why they have RACHEL who clearly works and resides in Barce and she is in her own apartment. Do they think she's gonna be the new Masha lol...I think fucking NOT. Rachel though...RACHEL...just bizarre.  

41 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

Personally I would welcome the closure of the Barcelona club house apartments including B1 and B2 BUT I'm rather stumped on why they have RACHEL who clearly works and resides in Barce and she is in her own apartment. Do they think she's gonna be the new Masha lol...I think fucking NOT. Rachel though...RACHEL...just bizarre.  

Maybe it's a simple case of who says yes and who says no. There will be some who want to move on. Think of how popular Octavia is for example and there seems no sign of her coming back as of yet. Jane & Dick seemed to be perfect RLC fodder, but they never came back after the Russia closures. Miscvoyeur made a great call with Eva, but if offered, would she say that part of my life is in the past?

I was reading over the terms of the XLIFE website and I found this bit interesting:

Participants may livestream from any available areas of their houses, apartments, working places, hotels or other premises chosen by Participants (the “Premise(s)”), provided that the Participant obtained any necessary permits or authorizations for such livestreaming. In the event that Participants are using Premises without the legal right to do so, You hereby acknowledge that The Participant is performing this action at his own risk, and that any person who has become aware of such violations shall report such violation to Us using the following email address: [email protected].

This makes it sound like the content here will be quite different from what is currently offered on RLC. It seems that the new participants will have control over the cameras. They will also have the ability to stop streaming whenever they like. It mentioned that they can be terminated from the site if they go more than five days without streaming. This could be an interesting concept as long as it's kept as a side project. But I certainly wouldn't want this to completely replace RLC. 

9 minutes ago, Photic said:

I was reading over the terms of the XLIFE website and I found this bit interesting:

This makes it sound like the content here will be quite different from what is currently offered on RLC. It seems that the new participants will have control over the cameras. They will also have the ability to stop streaming whenever they like. It mentioned that they can be terminated from the site if they go more than five days without streaming. This could be an interesting concept as long as it's kept as a side project. But I certainly wouldn't want this to completely replace RLC. 

Maybe this is for people who wish to join themselves, rather than the apts already on RLC. It might be 2 different cases. 

If you look at the free cams on XLife, they still have the RLC logo at the bottom. Any others may have XLife instead. EDIT - They indeed do.

3 minutes ago, chogdad said:

Maybe this is for people who wish to join themselves, rather than the apts already on RLC. It might be 2 different cases. 

Yeah I think that's what it is. I think that's going to be the main focus of this new site. Finding new people that are willing to stream their lives. I am just worried about consistency and quality with the participants being in control. I feel like there's no way these types of participants can match the same level of quality that is currently available with the RLC couples apartments and yet the pricing seems to be the same for both. So it's a bit confusing. But I guess all I can do is wait and see how it develops with time. 

One other interesting note from the terms is that it said they were going to implement a donation system as well. It will allow you to donate coins to the participants. I feel like we're getting close to Twitch streaming territory here.

17 minutes ago, Photic said:

Yeah I think that's what it is. I think that's going to be the main focus of this new site. Finding new people that are willing to stream their lives. I am just worried about consistency and quality with the participants being in control. I feel like there's no way these types of participants can match the same level of quality that is currently available with the RLC couples apartments and yet the pricing seems to be the same for both. So it's a bit confusing. But I guess all I can do is wait and see how it develops with time. 

This has just opened a huge can of worms hasn't it! 3 scenarios.

1. RLC continues as it is, intertwined with XLife.

2. RLC slowly evolves into XLife, with a combination of 'Official' apts plus 'Amateur' apts.

3. RLC will close ALL their apts and XLife will be the sole website, offering contracts to anyone who wish to cam from their own place. So couples we see now could still be on, but from their own apt and following new rules.