B1 - General Topic 2024 #7 (June / July)

I don't know how much longer we've got Octa here, so if I had one thing to say to her: Octavia, having watched you for many months now, I can honestly say that you have your life more together, and have figured out your self better than you realize. I feel like you are like me, someone who can't stop thinking, who has a 24/7 talk radio show going on in your head, and it seems like your thoughts are just there to make you doubt yourself. (Who needs haters on social media when your own brain is there to do the job!! ugh.) But when you are talking aloud, it appears to me that you figure out the answers that you know are probably right, and then immediately your brain comes in and tries to talk you out of what you've figured out. Just know you're on the right track, and do your best to keep yourself on that track. Do what's best for you, and put yourself and your happiness above all others.

And go to sleep!  Oh, wait, she's already to sleep while I was writing this.  TL:DR g'night lovely Octa. ❤️

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

Just like your favorite Thoreau quote…once you stop chasing the butterfly it gently lands on your shoulder…😉

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than share a velvet cushion." - the only other Thoreau quote I can come up with right now. 

Poor Thoreau... if only he had RLC, he wouldn't've been so bored out there in the woods. Dude was probably cranking it every damn night to a daguerreotype of Louisa May Alcott. 🤣

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fugwash said:

I don't know how much longer we've got Octa here, so if I had one thing to say to her: Octavia, having watched you for many months now, I can honestly say that you have your life more together, and have figured out your self better than you realize. I feel like you are like me, someone who can't stop thinking, who has a 24/7 talk radio show going on in your head, and it seems like your thoughts are just there to make you doubt yourself. (Who needs haters on social media when your own brain is there to do the job!! ugh.) But when you are talking aloud, it appears to me that you figure out the answers that you know are probably right, and then immediately your brain comes in and tries to talk you out of what you've figured out. Just know you're on the right track, and do your best to keep yourself on that track. Do what's best for you, and put yourself and your happiness above all others.

And go to sleep!  Oh, wait, she's already to sleep while I was writing this.  TL:DR g'night lovely Octa. ❤️

An excellent observation.

She said so many things during her latest life updates that make it clear that she actually understands exactly what is going on with her and Mike. She just forgets when she is with him and has apparently also forgotten (said so herself) what she went through the last two times. She also said time will tell…and it will.

It was nice to hear her say in passing that maybe she is growing out of the role playing which could be a healthy thing since she is beginning to wonder what is real and what is part of the game.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, fugwash said:

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than share a velvet cushion." - the only other Thoreau quote I can come up with right now. 

Poor Thoreau... if only he had RLC, he wouldn't've been so bored out there in the woods. Dude was probably cranking it every damn night to a daguerreotype of Louisa May Alcott. 🤣

Lol…that's pretty clever and funny actually…but don't underestimate how nice living alone in the woods might be. Some people love it even without access to a daguerreotype. 😁

• Haha 1

Octavia…these guys from the past are empanadas…tasty at times but they are not the quiche you are looking for. 😆 I couldn't resist…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneBeing said:

Octavia…these guys from the past are empanadas…tasty at times but they are not the quiche you are looking for. 😆 I couldn't resist…

I feel like Octavia's texts are just a collection of her exes sending "u up?" texts to her at all hours of the day and night.