Time Delay?

Guest chatter

Guest chatter

I was watching a few of the apartments today and noticed some lag. By itself this did not surprise me. However, when I kept watching I noticed that when it would freeze and then unfreeze it would pick right up were it left off, instead of skipping ahead however many seconds it froze. That leads me to ask if this is time-delayed. I would think that if this were indeed live and the camera froze for 8 seconds, when it unfroze, the action (and clock in the corner of the screen) would jump ahead 8 seconds.

Has anyone else noticed this? ???

All information on the internet travels in "packets" - I do not think there is time delay - what would be the purpose?

I believe it relates to servers and how fast these packets of information are passed along. Think how many different servers and routers this information must go through.

It also depends on the frame rate/band width allocated. The speed of your video card also is a factor.

Many reasons for the delay and the stammering of the information.

Guest chatter

Quite possibly the case, casbert. I just thought it was extremely strange. I have had what happened to Cynical happen to me, as well. This was different, though.

Oh well, seems to be better now. Thanks! :)

Mine (USA) is certainly better at times. I get the same pause - annoying and maddening!

It will likely vary depending all the factors I discussed. This also happens on other "live feed" cameras.