upyourass

Is RLC nerfing free content ?

Hey guys, this afternoon I DC'd from RLC and got this message "Daily playback is limited for non-members". Never had this before and it is not that I watched more content today then on any other day. Are they suddenly nerfing the free content ? Any body else with this dramatic message ;-)

This is a very old practice of theirs. Nothing new. RLC tosses a cookie into your browser and starts a timer. Sometimes you can hang out for a long time, sometimes only a short time. It depends upon their traffic. Otherwise they could throttle your connection speed like the other voyeur sites do, which makes them a pain to sample unless you are a subscriber. With RLC's method, you can learn something about the tenants before taking the plunge to spend all that money.

PS: always run your browser in incognito or private mode.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

This is a very old practice of theirs. Nothing new. RLC tosses a cookie into your browser and starts a timer. Sometimes you can hang out for a long time, sometimes only a short time. It depends upon their traffic. Otherwise they could throttle your connection speed like the other voyeur sites do, which makes them a pain to sample unless you are a subscriber. With RLC's method, you can learn something about the tenants before taking the plunge to spend all that money.

PS: always run your browser in incognito or private mode.

Thanks for the answer....explains a lot !   Private mode for me from now on :biggrin: