B4 - General Topic 2022 #17 (February)

5 minutes ago, costa049 said:

Haven't stores closed already?

Great question. I would love to know this answer as I have not been to Spain since 2017 and Barcelona since 2015. In those days many stores did not even open at all on Sunday. Grocery stores that did open (rare) were open only from 1700 until 2000 maybe 2100. And how has Covid impacted the hours? 

7 minutes ago, piedpiper1968 said:

Great question. I would love to know this answer as I have not been to Spain since 2017 and Barcelona since 2015. In those days many stores did not even open at all on Sunday. Grocery stores that did open (rare) were open only from 1700 until 2000 maybe 2100. And how has Covid impacted the hours? 

Right now, according to the latest official info on the measures against Covid-19 in Catalunia, when it comes to commerce and consumption, "All activities are resuming their usual public opening times"  

3 minutes ago, piedpiper1968 said:

Just now, costa049 said:

Right now according to the latest info of the measures in Catalunia, wen it comes to commerce and consumption, "All activities are resuming their usual public opening times"  

Sorry, I meant have the individual stores decided to open more hours because of lack of revenue during Covid? My favorite place in all of Spain was Malaga where the city had changed dramatically to attract tourists. They closed off all the streets around the town square to traffic. Hundreds of restaurants, hotels, retail stores, etc. It was so much fun. We would stay in an apartment for a week at a time just to walk around and enjoy the environment and we owned a villa in Marbella. Miss those wonderful times.