Never forget.....

Guest observer1

I'm currently in the middle of a documentary called '9/11 102 Minutes That Changed America'

That's some pretty bad memories. I was up working on my computer that night, we are about 14 hours ahead of New York. I had the television on in the background with the sound turned down, looked up and saw images of what I thought was the WTC on fire. When I turned up the volume, it was all explained.

I remember I woke my wife up to show her because I just couldn't believe it had happened. Then to our horror, while we were watching the live broadcast, the second tower was hit.

This documentary is pretty emotional because it is constructed, minute by minute, from footage taken on the street and in houses, mostly by members of the public, but then some reporters as they've arrived.

I've got a new computer, television and lounge suite since then, but I'm sitting in the same spot, in the same house, reliving the moment all over again. Even my wife is in bed as she was that night, haven't woken her up this time.

Difference this time, much, much, much more anger than shock in my thoughts.

God Bless America (even if Obama doesn't think you are a Christian country anymore).

Fuck, that is bad stuff.

Comms between the command centre and emergency personnel in the building, relaying orders, information, frantically trying to locate crews, then nothing. First tower collapses.

Never forget.........343 firemen and 72 police officers perished. Nobody deserved to die that day, but can't help but feel especially sad and angry about fellow uniformed members, whether law enforcement, emergency services or military, who put themselves in harms way and receive little or no respect from so many members of the public, or government for that matter.

I am still an active member of the Reserve and here today in Australia, due to the heightened security threats, I am being discouraged to wear my uniform in public because we are being targeted by protesters, scum that don't deserve to draw a breath.

...that sometimes we tend to be critical of the man as an individual but forget what he stands for. George W Bush always had good relations with John Howard, one of our better Prime Ministers.

Again, forgetting about right or wrong, who started what, we need to now concentrate on winning.

Whatever you think of the man, his party got this right.....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=414_1409985402&comments=1

• 3 weeks later...

Your post has deeply upset little squirrel.

Squirrel has thought very long and with great deliberation about the concepts of English monarchy. Squirrel has decided to hold his thoughts except to stay the following:

1) You Brits and commonwealth types seem to hate your monarchy. Fine. I don't care. I understand that. But your Queen should not be taken lightly. Like her namesake, she does all she can do for the good of the empire.

2) Regarding King George the Sixth: Fine. He was OK. Your monarchy is merely symbolic, any way, but your queen is a pretty nice girl, and I'd tell her so, but little squirrel would need a belly full of wine. But I would drink with Churchill any day.

3) Royalty is not so bad. Consider King George the III. My ancestors pretty much kicked him off the continent, with the exception of the weird sister Canada who held on to momma's apron strings while big brother kept her from being raped by a Russian bear.

4) Royalty is not so bad. It's easier to deal with one tyrant than 15-20 Federal and State Czars, all of which can control your business, your retirement savings, your income, your health, your property, etc., etc., etc. The pain of non-compliance with only a minor Czar can bankrupt you or throw you in jail.

5) This is not a matter of any King Georges. Many of my fellow Americans now consider that this could possibly be a matter of King Charles I.

6) If that happens, this little squirrel suggests that you learn to arm and defend yourselves, cuz little squirrel is tapped out along with his fellow United States creatures. 1938 could finally appear to be a good year in comparison.

7) Today is Sept. 6 in North America. What day will it be 120 hours from now?

OK. Foamy is done and he didin't cuss once. Parasite should be proud of how well he trained me.

Have a nice week.  :)

And also important to note is that tourism generates just south of twenty US$ Billion per year to the U.K.  While a few come to see how much dog shit they can step into in Kensington Gardens, and yes, there may be some who absolutely can't live without some boiled steak with creamed peas sauce, carrot and prune whip on the side, tourists come to see the old stuff.  The buildings, the bridges, the historic sites, and yes, that whole king and queen deal.  Sorry. Strike that..... To witness the trappings and splendor of the monarchy.  The jewels, costumes, pomp-churches, quaint opulence you just don't see in Les Moines, Iowa.  Take away the monarchy and you are left with faggot business guys showing up to squeal about foppish fashion crap that would embarrass Stanley Kubrick's costume bitches; and, of course, the assholes who want to attend what y'all mistakenly call "football" and then beat the shit out of each other.  No, better to stick with the twenty billion smakaroos per annum.