Never forget.....

Guest observer1

• 1 month later...

King George VI speech the day Great Britain declared war on Germany.

He could give exactly the same speech today about what is happening to the UK, without changing a word. The difference is we had men in the government that would act on it in those days, whereas today, you don't even know whose side they're on.

Page_3.jpg

Your post has deeply upset little squirrel.

Squirrel has thought very long and with great deliberation about the concepts of English monarchy. Squirrel has decided to hold his thoughts except to stay the following:

1) You Brits and commonwealth types seem to hate your monarchy. Fine. I don't care. I understand that. But your Queen should not be taken lightly. Like her namesake, she does all she can do for the good of the empire.

2) Regarding King George the Sixth: Fine. He was OK. Your monarchy is merely symbolic, any way, but your queen is a pretty nice girl, and I'd tell her so, but little squirrel would need a belly full of wine. But I would drink with Churchill any day.

3) Royalty is not so bad. Consider King George the III. My ancestors pretty much kicked him off the continent, with the exception of the weird sister Canada who held on to momma's apron strings while big brother kept her from being raped by a Russian bear.

4) Royalty is not so bad. It's easier to deal with one tyrant than 15-20 Federal and State Czars, all of which can control your business, your retirement savings, your income, your health, your property, etc., etc., etc. The pain of non-compliance with only a minor Czar can bankrupt you or throw you in jail.

5) This is not a matter of any King Georges. Many of my fellow Americans now consider that this could possibly be a matter of King Charles I.

6) If that happens, this little squirrel suggests that you learn to arm and defend yourselves, cuz little squirrel is tapped out along with his fellow United States creatures. 1938 could finally appear to be a good year in comparison.

7) Today is Sept. 6 in North America. What day will it be 120 hours from now?

OK. Foamy is done and he didin't cuss once. Parasite should be proud of how well he trained me.

Have a nice week.  :)

Most British people do not hate the monarchy at all.  Less than 20% want a republic. However many of us are united in the dislike of pretty much all of the Queen's children and their various spouses, which is pretty deserved I must say.

William and Kate are still in a period of grace with the public and the press.  There's a lot of respect for the military service that him and is brother did and generally he and she seem like pretty well rounded (for people born with a silver spoon in their mouths) people, so they would have to fuck up quite literally royally in order for the mood to turn against them.

The Queen does not rule by royal decree or issue edicts that our parliament must carry out, the UK is a democracy and we have a king or queen as our head of state, somebody that represents the tradition and history of the nation in a physical form.  I understand that in the US that veneration is given to your flag, fair enough, its the same kind of sentiment but I've grown up with and rather got used to and respect that sentiment taking the form of a person.

Most British people do not hate the monarchy at all.  Less than 20% want a republic. However many of us are united in the dislike of pretty much all of the Queen's children and their various spouses, which is pretty deserved I must say.

William and Kate are still in a period of grace with the public and the press.  There's a lot of respect for the military service that him and is brother did and generally he and she seem like pretty well rounded (for people born with a silver spoon in their mouths) people, so they would have to fuck up quite literally royally in order for the mood to turn against them.

The Queen does not rule by royal decree or issue edicts that our parliament must carry out, the UK is a democracy and we have a king or queen as our head of state, somebody that represents the tradition and history of the nation in a physical form.  I understand that in the US that veneration is given to your flag, fair enough, its the same kind of sentiment but I've grown up with and rather got used to and respect that sentiment taking the form of a person.

Most American people do not dislike our tyrannical bureaucracy at all. It provides them with free food and benefits, by taking it from the "evil" private sector and its unwashed working stiffs. I'm in the 20% who want a republic again. I'm in the small percentage that dislike celebrity worship. I didn't cry when Diana was killed in the car wreck. I didn't vote for Barry Hussein Obama, either. Being a famous actor does not make you into a wise leader. It's only worked once, and that's because Reagan was a man of decent character and he had developed executive skills. He also loved this country.

William and Kate seem to be nice people; I hope they avoid becoming Beiberized or Brittneyized. Wealth and power have a tendency to lead directly to corruption and moral decay.

Our President rules by royal decree and issues edicts that his appointed czars can carry out with impunity; the US is a former democratic republic that once revered its Constitution, but now is a money guzzling monstrosity hell bent on eliminating individual liberty by promising me I can marry another man and get free birth control and convenient abortions if I simply give up all my economic power and my ability to defend myself.

I respect the Stars & Stripes, and I fly it often, but the heart of the United States is not in symbols or contrived celebrities: it's in our Constitution. Without it, it's game over.

And that's my view from this side of the pond... 

The important thing to consider when writing political posts these days is to remember to take your blood-pressure medication before you attempt it.

Otherwise, you won't be around to see how the upcoming show in November works out.

I'm also thinking that the 11th is coming up and I still don't have any honest answers from my government about Benghazi. I think they want us to forget that one.

My 26th is coming up on the 12th. Does that trump the towers being taken out by Washington?

Congratulations, my friend. Just don't celebrate in a crowded area like DC, New York, an airport, shopping centers, big business buildings, the Pentagon, and remember to carry.

I suggest you go for a picnic on a deserted beach, but check the hurricane weather first. And have a blast.

(Err, ah, no -- not a blast -- just have fun with the woman. You both have earned it.)

(PS: Washington did not take out the towers. Wall Street has paid its protection money on time for years, and politicians don't shit on their dinner tables.)