US General Domestic Politics (2023) # 17 (05/04/23)

3 hours ago, StarLight28 said:
WWW.TAGESSCHAU.DE

With their majority in the House of Representatives, the Republicans want to launch investigations into the Biden family. The focus is on Hunter Biden, the son of the President. One...

Let the US judiciary do its job. Unfortunately, this is not as "independent" as it should be in a constitutional state. A lack of the system with "election" of prosecutors - actually a no go.

That's the problem. The DOJ is not doing its job. The FBI has had enough evidence to arrest and charge Hunter Biden for over four years. And just as the Congress investigated Trump numerous times, the Congress has the authority and obligation to investigate Joe Biden's connections to Hunter Biden's foreign business dealings. 

7 minutes ago, happyone said:

Einige Politiker werden Gesetze verabschieden, die ihrer Ideologie folgen und bereit sind, nach dem Gesetz zu leben, weil es andere dazu zwingen wird, nach dem Gesetz zu leben, an das sie selbst glauben. Das ist Kontrolle.

Eine interessante Darstellung. Nie werden ALLE einer Meinung sein. "Gesetze" sind meistens eine Mehrheitsentscheidung. Nach dem Grundinhalt von Demokratie halten sich dann ALLE an ein Gesetz - "Kontrolle" sehe ich da nicht.  Das gilt für alle Regelungen, wie Tempo-Limit auf Autobahnen, Steuern bezahlen, Renten-Gesetze .........

Eine Welt ohne "Gesetze" heißt "Anarchie". Menschen welche demokratische Mehrheitsentscheidungen nicht anerkennen, haben Demokratie" nicht verstanden - wie zum Beispiel dieser Träumer von Trump.

1 minute ago, StarLight28 said:

An interesting portrayal. EVERYONE will never agree. "Laws" are mostly a majority decision. According to the basic content of democracy then EVERYONE adheres to a law - I don't see "control" there. This applies to all regulations, such as speed limits on motorways, paying taxes, pension laws .........

A world without "laws" is called "anarchy". People who do not recognize democratic majority decisions have not understood "democracy" - such as this Trump dreamer.

So is standing on railway tracks in a subway station to stop trains not a violation of the law? Is burning and looting businesses not a violation of the law? Should not the people who commit those offenses be arrested, tried and if found guilty punished? 

3 hours ago, StarLight28 said:
WWW.MSN.COM

The US government is threatened with insolvency – once again. President Biden has now invited the leaders of Congress to the White House for Tuesday. What's behind the dispute and what's next?

The House of Representatives has already passed a bill that raises the debt ceiling and cuts spending. It is now up to Biden and the Senate to do something. If it is such a crisis Biden should have called for a meeting last week since he had hardly anything on his schedule for the whole week.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Eine interessante Darstellung. Nie werden ALLE einer Meinung sein. "Gesetze" sind meistens eine Mehrheitsentscheidung. Nach dem Grundinhalt von Demokratie halten sich dann ALLE an ein Gesetz - "Kontrolle" sehe ich da nicht.  Das gilt für alle Regelungen, wie Tempo-Limit auf Autobahnen, Steuern bezahlen, Renten-Gesetze .........

Eine Welt ohne "Gesetze" heißt "Anarchie". Menschen welche demokratische Mehrheitsentscheidungen nicht anerkennen, haben Demokratie" nicht verstanden - wie zum Beispiel dieser Träumer von Trump.

Let me use a relevant example.  California is totally controlled by Democrats.  Their left progressive ideology, such as sanctuary state for illegals, soft on crime laws, repressive climate change laws, excessive taxes as examples force the rest of us to live by those laws that they have passes, without the consent at times from the majority.  However, I must admit that the majority of California's electorate have consistently elected Democrats.  So it is difficult for the few conservatives that live in this State, to be subjected by the control that the Democrats weild.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Ist es also kein Gesetzesverstoß, in einer U-Bahn-Station auf Gleisen zu stehen, um Züge anzuhalten? Ist das Niederbrennen und Plündern von Unternehmen kein Gesetzesverstoß? Sollten die Personen, die diese Straftaten begehen, nicht festgenommen, vor Gericht gestellt und im Falle eines Schuldspruchs bestraft werden? 

Habe ich etwas dagegen gesagt ?? JEDER Verstoß gegen Gesetze muß geahndet werden und nach Abwägung aller Umstände bestraft werden.

2 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

That's not true. I have and I am constantly collecting information - not only, but also about America. There is still a lot that can be improved in Europe and Germany, I and many people here know that, we make no secret of that.

It's perfectly fine to be proud of your country, but Americans like to overdo it and think their USA is super good and progressive at everything. If you take a closer look, that's just not true, that's a lie to your own pocket. 

With reports beyond FOX NEWES and NEW YORK POST and comments, I always try to put current events into perspective from the outside. If you find yourself "terrible" because of this, it's not my fault!!! If this is a contribution to self-knowledge, then I have already gained a lot.

Being open and ready to learn something every day brings gains in life.

I

But I don't need your posts for a perspective different from conservative news media. I get the very same perspective as your posts every day from the mainstream media in the U.S., so you are not giving information that I have not already heard.

6 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Habe ich etwas dagegen gesagt ?? JEDER Verstoß gegen Gesetze muß geahndet werden und nach Abwägung aller Umstände bestraft werden.

One would hope so, but in some jurisdictions in California, liberal prosecutors and judges are being more lenient on criminals and not either prosecuting criminals or are giving far too lenient sentences.  Criminal law, such as reducing theft to misdemeanors has contributed to a lawless society.  

9 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Did I say something against it?? EVERY violation of laws must be punished and punished after weighing all circumstances.

Weighing all the circumstances?  What circumstances would justify stopping trains and burning and looting businesses?

When are we going to have another official news conference in Texas to tell us more about the person who shot and killed people in Allen, Texas? Also, when are they going to tell us about the shooter who attacked the Christian school in Nashville, TN? America needs to know the motivation for both the shootings and the mental state of both shooters.

6 hours ago, hilts122 said:

Soooo, Hunter is president? 🤔

Joe Biden claims he knows nothing about Hunter's business deals. But White House logs show that Hunter Biden's business partners visited the White House numerous times when Joe Biden was VP. One of Hunter's business partners claims he had a personal meeting with Joe Biden about Hunter's business deals. There are bank records showing millions of dollars being transferred from China to the bank accounts of Biden family members. There is an IRS whistle blower claiming the DOJ interfered in an IRS investigation of the Bidens. The Congress shouldn't investigate this?

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Weighing all the circumstances?  What circumstances would justify stopping trains and burning and looting businesses?

Es ist "Rechtsstaatliches Prinzip" jedem "Beschuldigten" / Täter einen fairen Prozeß zu machen - und da werden alle Tatsachen welche gegen und für ihn sprechen - also strafmindernd wirken können, abgewogen und bei einem Urteil berücksichtigt. Faustrecht und Lynch-Justiz gibt es in einem "echten" demokratischen Rechts-Staat nicht. Ich weiß in USA laufen Uhren und "Gefühle in Herzen von Bürgern" oft wenig "Demokratisch". Andere Länder, andere Systeme, andere Sitten.