B4 - General Topic 2023 #30 (May)

38 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

Is Zara Russian or Ukrainian?

Judging from the excerpt, she could be either... Both sides draft men to fight at the front in Ukraine...

It's even theoretically possible that friends/family members of different tenants shoot at each other at the front, while those tenants might be good friends (or not?) partying or relaxing in Barcelona at the same time... Confronting to think about that... 😕

I think you hit the nail. They all know they are in the same

business, but the hate against Russia and therefore Russians

in general is rising amongst the Ukrainians to a level, that's

hard to imagine and understand.

My guess: The apartments B1, B2,B4, B5 and B7 will be without

any Russians at all in the future because of the War.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

il y a 16 minutes, northguy a dit :

I think you hit the nail. They all know they are in the same

business, but the hate against Russia and therefore Russians

in general is rising amongst the Ukrainians to a level, that's

hard to imagine and understand.

My guess: The apartments B1, B2,B4, B5 and B7 will be without

any Russians at all in the future because of the War.

That wasn't actually my question, and I don't think (as far as I saw) that the Russian & Ukrainian tenants actually get along badly... (of course it would help if I knew which girl was from where...)

And if there is hatred, it would probably be coming from 2 sides, not just one...

Thanks for your answer anyway, but do you (or someone) know which girls are from where?

You might be right about Russian tenants in the sense that it will probably get more difficult for them to get European visas (unless they are officially refugees from the Putin dictatorship, but then it's harder for them to (or if they) get back home...). But what about those already having residency in Europe?

57 minutes ago, Epikouros said:

And if there is hatred, it would probably be coming from 2 sides, not just one...

The Russians at home in Russia, don't know what's going on.

All the Russians in Barcelona knows very well, so they don't hate

the Ukrainians, but it doesn't matter, they still live on borrowed time.

We don't need to talk politics.

I would just like to know which country every tenant in Barcelona is from (including the non-Ru & non-Ukr tenants, but these two are the most difficult to tell apart, ironically, despite the war...).

4 hours ago, Epikouros said:

Thanks. 

Does anyone have a list or something of the nationality of the Barcelona tenants?

If Zara is Ukrainian, Dana is probably too. 

Ari has a painting of an Ukrainian flag - now hanging correctly - in her room (though made by a previous tenant (?), don't remember who). So we can assume she's Ukrainian as well, unless it's a sign of support/solidarity and she's actually Russian...

Holly & Tweety were Ukrainian if I recall well. 

Masha, Ulyana & Harley Russian? (less sure, though)

Loraine Moldovan? Radislava Belarussian? Martina Spanish?

What about other, current or previous, Barcelona tenants?

I will try to answer your question according to my knowledge. 

Harley, Ulyana, Olivia, Fiora, Fior, Wendy, Tani, Aziza, Lilith, Nelly & Bogdan are Russians. I assume that Sambuka is from Russia too because she is a friend of Harley but it seems that she has been living in Spain for awhile and her Spanish is very good.  I also think Zara & Dana are Russians but not sure. 

Megan, Yana, Ashley, Gloria, Ari, Tereza & Timur, Wednesday & Wayne are Ukrainians.  It is really interesting that Aziza and Gloria are becoming good friends even they are not from same country. 

Loraine is from Moldova, Radislava is from Belarus but she has the EU permanent residency and has been living in Europe for many years.  Dylan is Italian. I am not sure about Shantal, Liza and Lara. I am not sure about Anthony. 

Azura is very interesting to me because she speaks English as if she lived many years in North America or she is originally from North America. She said one night that she doesn't know how to read Russian but interestingly enough that she speaks Russian fluently.  It reminds me of Raniya who she is originally from Morocco and she speaks Arabic & Russian. 

In general, you can tell from the colour of their passport's cover. Red one is Russian and dark blue one is Ukrainian. The girls frequently put their passport in their bags especially when they go to bars or night clubs. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1