Economising!

Halbadier

I am fascinated in how the occupants of the flats go to bed, leaving lights and televisions running 24 hours a day. Similarly how hot is it in each of these flats? Maya comes home removes a hat, jacket, long scarf, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of leggings, socks then proceeds to walk around wearing panties only, while stepan is wearing pants and t-shirt.

Leora wears very little to bed, whilst Paul sleeps with no cover over him. The heating must be set to 85º C

I am fascinated in how the occupants of the flats go to bed, leaving lights and televisions running 24 hours a day. Similarly how hot is it in each of these flats? Maya comes home removes a hat, jacket, long scarf, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of leggings, socks then proceeds to walk around wearing panties only, while stepan is wearing pants and t-shirt.

Leora wears very little to bed, whilst Paul sleeps with no cover over him. The heating must be set to 85º C

Sounds like they don't pay for their utilities...included in their deal with RLC, perhaps?

If so, then I don't consider such behavior unusual at all.  It is common that people who don't personally pay for something have no reason to limit their use of it.

Many apartment buildings have a central heating system and each apartment's cost is not metered. I think they probably pay a flat rate, so there is no incentive to turn down the heat. They also often have a window cracked open for fresh air. You will frequently see a curtain moving in the slight breeze. I'm not sure about their electric system. RLC may be paying for all of that and may also encourage them to keep the lights on for the benefit of the cameras. Some rooms do not have infrared lighting for their cameras.