When Did RLC add VAT charges?

Have a subscription this month and this is the first time I've had to pay VAT; it added around 25 percent of the subscription cost onto the price. My previous subscription was only 3/4 months ago (I think) and there were no VAT charges then. Nor were there any present anytime up to this point. Just wondering when they were introduced? Might have to reconsider some future subscriptions as it has just become even pricier now.

On 5/7/2024 at 5:03 PM, sqldatadude said:

Have a subscription this month and this is the first time I've had to pay VAT; it added around 25 percent of the subscription cost onto the price. My previous subscription was only 3/4 months ago (I think) and there were no VAT charges then. Nor were there any present anytime up to this point. Just wondering when they were introduced? Might have to reconsider some future subscriptions as it has just become even pricier now.

I don't know, but it made their prices really high now

On 5/7/2024 at 12:03 PM, sqldatadude said:

Welcome to Europe, I guess. 😂

On 5/7/2024 at 5:03 PM, sqldatadude said:

Use a VPN and connect via some 0% VAT country, I use Hong Kong, to get rid of that annoying tax.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 9:35 PM, Brimby said:

Use a VPN and connect via some 0% VAT country, I use Hong Kong, to get rid of that annoying tax.

Yeah, I tried changing it to the U.S, where there is nothing added on to the price. It did seem to change the price to the U.S one but then the credit card payment ended up failing. However, this has happened before and might have been for unrelated reasons to me trying to avoid the VAT.

What VPN did you use to switch to Hong Kong? Cos I just tried a free one and have never used a paid one before.