Wall clock

Anyone one know why the wall clock in A&D's living room says 8:50 and the system clock on the video says 16:17?  Slow wall clock or replay?

Aside from the fact that you could have written this in "Adriana & Daniel - Pictures" Did you compare the hour on clock with the outside sunlight ? Is there any difference ?  ;)

>>Did you compare the hour on clock with the outside sunlight ? Is there any difference ?

I did and that is what had me thinking.  It was daylight outside so difficult to know if it was early morning or late afternoon.  Based on my time zone I would believe it was 16:17 at that time.  I must be too logical.  Why keep a clock that shows the wrong time?

Lo hice, y eso es lo que me hizo pensar. Era de día fuera tan difícil saber si era temprano en la mañana o al atardecer. Con base en mi zona horaria yo creo que era 16:17 en ese momento. Debo ser demasiado lógico. ¿Por qué mantener un reloj que muestra la hora equivocada?

>>Did you compare the hour on clock with the outside sunlight ? Is there any difference ?

I did and that is what had me thinking.  It was daylight outside so difficult to know if it was early morning or late afternoon.  Based on my time zone I would believe it was 16:17 at that time.  I must be too logical.  Why keep a clock that shows the wrong time?

Lo hice, y eso es lo que me hizo pensar. Era de día fuera tan difícil saber si era temprano en la mañana o al atardecer. Con base en mi zona horaria yo creo que era 16:17 en ese momento. Debo ser demasiado lógico. ¿Por qué mantener un reloj que muestra la hora equivocada?

Leaving in France (GMT+1), I confirm the daylight is right with the real hour of the day. Sure the clock is out of sync in Spain. Maybe the battery is out or they know somebody living elsewhere, or during a party, a guest made a joke, or... They have so many other opportunities to read time (watch, computer, oven, etc.)

Guest plain_jane

Well, let me ask something silly. How do we know it's the same day? I mean few if any of the tenants work, so we can't know if they have some regular time schedules, say Monday-Friday at work, weekend off.

Ese reloj ya no funcionaba bien cuando ese piso lo ocupaban A & E

pero entonces no tenia ese desfase horario.

ese reloj no es una pertenencia de ellos,y no le hacen caso.

That clock no longer worked well when that floor is occupied by Alma

but then didn't have that lag.

This clock is not  of them, and they ignore

Well, let me ask something silly. How do we know it's the same day? I mean few if any of the tenants work, so we can't know if they have some regular time schedules, say Monday-Friday at work, weekend off.

Yes indeed ! But are you sure this flats are on the Earth ? Maybe they are on Mars and pictures by relay satellite ! Finally, I don't know more...  :-\

Leaving in France (GMT+1), I confirm the daylight is right with the real hour of the day. Sure the clock is out of sync in Spain. Maybe the battery is out or they know somebody living elsewhere, or during a party, a guest made a joke, or... They have so many other opportunities to read time (watch, computer, oven, etc.)

The clock on the wall was stopped for a bit. Then they changed the battery and was a day or two befor they changed the time. The clock time is corrected now and is the same time as the time from RLC.

Guest plain_jane

Yes indeed ! But are you sure this flats are on the Earth ? Maybe they are on Mars and pictures by relay satellite ! Finally, I don't know more...  :-\

Well, flats on Mars might be possible, but eventually it is a far fetched thought. Let me explain. On the one hand their pretty limited social life might explain why they rarely leave their home--who to visit in a small martian colony, it gets boring pretty soon. We do see them at the backyard or balcony like Adriana and Daniel. While martian atmosphere is toxic for human beings (we have seen that in Total Recall) we might assume they are under some kind of protective dome, perhaps with some  light to match conditions on Earth.

However there is one point that totally disproves any possibility for life on another planet. You can fake  light, atmosphere and some social life, but you can't fake gravity. On a planet with about 40% of our gravity, humans would hop around like bunnies. Clearly we don't see them doing it. What more, sex would be far more impressive, especially with women on top who tend to vigorously fuck their partners. People would literally fuck like bunnies. Again we see plain old missionary (or mars-ionary) variations. And that disproves the whole thing QED.

Well, flats on Mars might be possible, but eventually it is a far fetched thought. Let me explain. On the one hand their pretty limited social life might explain why they rarely leave their home--who to visit in a small martian colony, it gets boring pretty soon. We do see them at the backyard or balcony like Adriana and Daniel. While martian atmosphere is toxic for human beings (we have seen that in Total Recall) we might assume they are under some kind of protective dome, perhaps with some  light to match conditions on Earth.

However there is one point that totally disproves any possibility for life on another planet. You can fake  light, atmosphere and some social life, but you can't fake gravity. On a planet with about 40% of our gravity, humans would hop around like bunnies. Clearly we don't see them doing it. What more, sex would be far more impressive, especially with women on top who tend to vigorously fuck their partners. People would literally fuck like bunnies. Again we see plain old missionary (or mars-ionary) variations. And that disproves the whole thing QED.

Congratulation. Wonderful demonstration !

Although "Total recall" is not the most absolute scientific reference.  ;D ;D ;D