B4 - General Topic 2024 #51(June)

7 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

can say one thing about the people on this forum, you all seem to have an active fantasy Iife!

I need to with the type of job I have. 🙂

Just now, FrankZabba said:

true that

I put in for 2 vacation days for Saturday and Sunday. I'm gonna catch hell for it on Monday. But 90° in Brooklyn and I have to drive over to New Jersey. And it's  95° degree, and it's probably 100°+ degrees in some parts of the Prison...I'll deal with them on Monday. 🥵 🙂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Troy said:

I put in for 2 vacation days for Saturday and Sunday. I'm gonna catch hell for it on Monday. But 90° in Brooklyn and I have to drive over to New Jersey. And it's  95° degree, and it's probably 100°+ degrees in some parts of the Prison...I'll deal with them on Monday. 🥵 🙂

if your 2 days was approved then why in the hell would you catch hell on monday?

5 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

if your 2 days was approved then why in the hell would you catch hell on monday?

Because I've been a Correctional Officer for about 3 years now. I'm Still under the rookie status, and when you're new, you're not supposed to really put in vacations on the weekends. Weekends are only for the old-timers. The guys that got 20 - 25 years in plus.

2 minutes ago, Troy said:

Because I've been a Correctional Officer for about 3 years now. I'm Still under the rookie status, and when you're new, you're not supposed to really put in vacations on the weekends. Weekends are only for the old-timers. The guys that got 20 - 25 years in plus.

you're still wet behind the ears!  your time will come when you can relax and enjoy more of your time off.  i'm all for the weekends being for the old timers, the one's that have put in their time/dues so to speak.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FrankZabba said:

you're still wet behind the ears!  your time will come when you can relax and enjoy more of your time off.  i'm all for the weekends being for the old timers, the one's that have put in their time/dues so to speak.

I wasn't trying to be offensive with The old timer comments. That's just a phrase we use at work. ✌️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Troy said:

You need to transfer to a facility with AC. I doubt the “guests” where you are like that kind of heat either. 🥵🌴

2 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

You need to transfer to a facility with AC. I doubt the “guests” where you are like that kind of heat either. 🥵🌴

prisoners don't deserve ac!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maxbell said:

Nope, when you new you get what they give you. after 5 Maybe 6yrs I can start to bid on a different position. Some parts have air conditioner and some don't and especially, they wanna go out in the yard.

• Upvote 1