Colors, font size and pics

stash

Would it be so difficult to try to use a bit of common sense and use the same color, size and type of font when in general discussion sections and possibly avoid the abuse of pictures, gifs and not.

In the pictures section I guess is ok but in general discussions this is nonsense. We are not teenagers, hopefully, actually most of us are old enough to be called old pervs.

Mods there are only 2 peope who do this costantly, it should not be impossible to put a bit of order, please.

I fully agree that the colors and sizes of the forum posts are getting out of hand. The people using it tend to think that bigger font means more important text, which is of course nonsense. They also believe that using a special color makes themselves special which is equally nonsensical. However, there is no point telling them that since they won't understand what you're talking about and will probably just add more color and an even bigger font.

(Yes, I wrote a utility to generate this, I'm not quite mad yet)

• Upvote 2

On 11/10/2016 at 8:30 PM, Spoon said:

I fully agree that the colors and sizes of the forum posts are getting out of hand. The people using it tend to think that bigger font means more important text, which is of course nonsense. They also believe that using a special color makes themselves special which is equally nonsensical. However, there is no point telling them that since they won't understand what you're talking about and will probably just add more color and an even bigger font.

(Yes, I wrote a utility to generate this, I'm not quite mad yet)

It was not easy to read but you seem to agree with me. By the way, I hope you will continue to use this utility in your future posts, I love it.

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2016 at 8:03 PM, stash said:

Would it be so difficult to try to use a bit of common sense and use the same color, size and type of font when in general discussion sections and possibly avoid the abuse of pictures, gifs and not.

In the pictures section I guess is ok but in general discussions this is nonsense. We are not teenagers, hopefully, actually most of us are old enough to be called old pervs.

Mods there are only 2 peope who do this costantly, it should not be impossible to put a bit of order, please.

I picked up on the Gif's you mentioned.  I find it an absolute pain in the arse especially with Barcelona 1 picture page it can take an age to be able to scroll down as nearly every pic is a Gif.  It is nice to see a bit of movement but a whole page of them is utter nonsense, MOD's how about a Gif section on each appartment page??  So those of us who are not arsed about GIF's can just enjoy the stills.  I have a 200Mb BB cable connection and it still takes quite a long time to load a page enough to be able to scroll. Please a Gif section??????????????????????????????????