the ''OMG LOOOOOOK THERE ARE HAVING SEXXXXXX'' topic

Woof

Guest Sir Roderick Spode

Let's try...

Cold hearted orb that rules the night, removes the colours from our sight,

Red is grey and yellow, white.

But we decide which is right,

....and which is an illusion.

A few years earlier than Threshold Of A Dream and again recited by Mike Pinder.

What about

'I love you in the morning our kisses deep and warm, your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm.....'  or

'Come over to the window my little darling, I'd like to try to read your palm. I use to think I was some kind of gypsy boy, before I let you take me home.......'

Words so wonderful they make me cry!!!!!!

Guest Sir Roderick Spode

I really thought that Graeme Edge (The drummer) did all the recitations for the Moodies....

Graham Edge wrote them and I've always understood it was Mike Pinder that recited them (but I'm not 100% on that) and this appears to be backed up in this quote from Mike Pinder's entry in Wikipedia, which I admit, it not always a reliable source.

Another One Step release, A Planet With One Mind (1995), capitalised on Pinder's experience as chief reciter of Graeme Edge's poetry on the seminal Moody Blues albums;

I have to get up in the loft, dig the album out and see who is credited with the recitations.

Guest Sir Roderick Spode

What about

'I love you in the morning our kisses deep and warm, your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm.....'  or

'Come over to the window my little darling, I'd like to try to read your palm. I use to think I was some kind of gypsy boy, before I let you take me home.......'

Words so wonderful they make me cry!!!!!!

I remembered the words but after a hour of trying to think who it was I gave in and looked it up.

Despite being a folkie at heart, Leonard Cohen was never really my thing.  At the time (I see it was 1968 but I thought it was early 70s) in the Peasmoldia Folk Club which I frequented, my friends and I used the common but unkind expression "Songs To Commit Suicide By" to describe his music.

In a Bob Harris interview with him a few years ago he came across as a pleasant, down to earth man.  He said he had no idea where this view that his music was depressing, came from.  Certainly hearing it now with older and more experienced ears doesn't for me, make for easy listening but its somehow very compelling.

Thanks for bringing him into the conversation.

We'll now try one a bit more obscure, from 1976, a song written by a wine-lover and historian, known principally for this one song but has many, many albums to his credit and is still recording some fine stuff now.  I have most, but by no means all of his discography.

Why she looks at you so coolly?

And her eyes shine like the moon in the sea

She comes in incense and patchouli

So you take her, to find what's waiting inside....