#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

9 minutes ago, happyone said:

He could have been killed----time for whites  to riot, loot, pillage, burn police cars, tear apart businesses, kill officers, and start their own little country with baracades around it so no unwanted people can enter. :dodgy:😏

Seriously, that attack could have been fatal. Furthermore, the protests are predominantly peaceful. 

Do you really want the police to respond to the violence of a few with violence against peaceful protesters? 

21 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Seriously, that attack could have been fatal. Furthermore, the protests are predominantly peaceful. 

Do you really want the police to respond to the violence of a few with violence against peaceful protesters? 

Listen-- It wasn't an attack by the officers--if I am walking down the street and you approach me and put your hands on me and keep insisting-I am probably either going to shove your ass away from me really forcefully or punch your lights out--

And I am not in law enforcement--it is just probably what any man would do---so the officers did nothing more than a reasonable person would do given the circumstance.

5 minutes ago, happyone said:

Listen-- if I am walking down the street and you approach me and put your hands on me and keep insisting-I am probably either going to shove your ass away from me really forcefully or punch your lights out--

And I am not in law enforcement--it is just probably what any man would do---so the officers did nothing more than a reasonable person would do given the circumstance.

Please, look at this case. I'm curious about your opinion. 

@Ridgerunner I would also be very interested to hear your opinion on this case.

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

48 minutes ago, happyone said:

Listen-- It wasn't an attack by the officers--if I am walking down the street and you approach me and put your hands on me and keep insisting-I am probably either going to shove your ass away from me really forcefully or punch your lights out--And I am not in law enforcement--it is just probably what any man would do---so the officers did nothing more than a reasonable person would do given the circumstance.

43 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Please, look at this case. I'm curious about your opinion. 

@Ridgerunner I would also be very interested to hear your opinion on this case.

Quit trying to change the subject and ignore my position stated above--you have not yet responded to my post--

All of us are curious and very interested to hear your opinion on my post in response to yours above. 

30 minutes ago, happyone said:

Listen-- It wasn't an attack by the officers--if I am walking down the street and you approach me and put your hands on me and keep insisting-I am probably either going to shove your ass away from me really forcefully or punch your lights out--

If you, as a young and healthy well-built officer surrounded by a bunch of your colleagues, feel so intimidated and threatened by an old man that you can't manage to peacefully deescalate the situation and restrain the man with minimal force, you're a coward. Someone who should not qualify to be in the police force in the first place. You should be fired, not just for pushing the man but also for being a coward who doesn't have what it takes to serve and protect.

A law enforcement officer is NOT any man. Any man cannot and should not be a police officer. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, happyone said:

Quick trying to change the subject and ignore my position stated above--you have not yet responded to my post--

All of us are curious and very interested to hear your opinion on my post in response to yours above. 

Do you have a specific question?

28 minutes ago, AntEater said:

If you, as a young and healthy well-built officer surrounded by a bunch of your colleagues, feel so intimidated and threatened by an old man that you can't manage to peacefully deescalate the situation and restrain the man with minimal force, you're a coward. Someone who should not qualify to be in the police force in the first place. You should be fired, not just for pushing the man but also for being a coward who doesn't have what it takes to serve and protect.

A law enforcement officer is NOT any man. Any man cannot and should not be a police officer. 

It is not a matter of feeling intimidated or threatened in this case.  They were there to do a job to clear the streets and this man--does not matter his age---refused to obey a command to stay clear--

They were marching forward as they do to clear the area.  Pushing the man out of the way was not a cowardly act---he unfortunately lost his balance and fell-.

These officers have a clean record, and one is a decorated veteran--so in my mind he is more than qualified to be a police office and he proved he has what it take to serve and protect. 

2 minutes ago, happyone said:

It is not a matter of feeling intimidated or threatened in this case.  They were there to do a job to clear the streets and this man--does not matter his age---refused to obey a command to stay clear--

They were not there to restrain anyone--they were marching forward as they do to clear the area.  Pushing the man out of the way was not a cowardly act---he unfortunately lost his balance and fell-.

These officers have a clean record, and one is a decorated veteran--so in my mind he is more than qualified to be a police office and he proved he has what it take to serve and protect. 

Not if they act like any man of the street in critical situations. Defense is an art and they should be trained in that art, especially as a decorated veteran the police officer should have had some training in that and used that training instead of acting like a schoolyard bully. They don't have to be Mr. Miyagi but they have to be better than the average man off the street.

They may have not been there to restrain anyone but shit happens and plans change and if they can't quickly adapt to that and change strategy then they're just basically glorified robots. I'd like to think that they can think for themselves but lack the proper training handle a slight hitch to the plan of action without barbarically shoving or pushing low threat individuals. 

40 minutes ago, happyone said:

They were not there to restrain anyone--they were marching forward as they do to clear the area.  Pushing the man out of the way was not a cowardly act---he unfortunately lost his balance and fell-.

It's obviously not that simple. Whether a policeman or not, even for a decorated veteran there are laws that must be considered:

Under New York law, a person who attacks someone 65 or older and is more than 10 years younger than the victim can be charged with felony assault, Mr. Flynn said. If convicted, the officers face up to seven years in prison.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/06/nyregion/Buffalo-police-charged.html

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alladino said:

It's obviously not that simple. Whether a policeman or not, even for a decorated veteran there are laws that must be considered:

Under New York law, a person who attacks someone.

Unbelievable, that you or anyone else, including the politicians and prosecutors would think that forcibly pushing someone out of their way constitutes an attack when the officer's intent was not to cause damage or harm to that man,

but to get him out of their way .  

Home » Law Dictionary » A » ATTACK

ATTACK

THELAW.COM LAW DICTIONARY & BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY 2ND ED.

To take action against another with aggression and intent to cause damage or harm.

26 minutes ago, AntEater said:

Not if they act like any man of the street in critical situations. Defense is an art and they should be trained in that art, especially as a decorated veteran the police officer should have had some training in that and used that training instead of acting like a schoolyard bully. They don't have to be Mr. Miyagi but they have to be better than the average man off the street.

They may have not been there to restrain anyone but shit happens and plans change and if they can't quickly adapt to that and change strategy then they're just basically glorified robots. I'd like to think that they can think for themselves but lack the proper training handle a slight hitch to the plan of action without barbarically shoving or pushing low threat individuals. 

I love the way you political left leaning individuals always use charged words.  That push was in no way barbaric. How the hell do you thing that when they are in a formation, which you do not usually break those ranks,  that they were supposed to get that man out of their way when he did not listen to them to get out of the way????  Pushing him out of the way was not an unreasonable action. 

11 minutes ago, happyone said:

Under New York law, a person who attacks someone.

Unbelievable, that you or anyone else, including the politicians and prosecutors would think that forcibly pushing someone out of their way constitutes an attack when the officer's intent was not to cause damage or harm to that man,

but to get him out of their way .  

Home » Law Dictionary » A » ATTACK

ATTACK

THELAW.COM LAW DICTIONARY & BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY 2ND ED.

To take action against another with aggression and intent to cause damage or harm.

This whole thing is really a lot more complicated than you think. Many scales of behavior and many different levels of punishment. Not all of them required the intent to injure someone. 

Under normal circumstances (i.e. without injury and not over 65 years old) the result would probably a plea bargaining. But there was a critical injury and an attack on a specially protected group. 

BTW, Police officers also belong to one of this specially protected group.