Here we rant about the Politics in our respective nations & how fucked we are

Guest Squirrel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Squirrel

By the way. Who is the freak with the corkscrew in his hair?

He's what happens when Obama's mother has out-of-wedlock sex with Joe Biden's father....  ;D

Guest ww_watcher

@woodworker:

'Roids = steroids

Good move on the move.......to Texas. I hope you made it far enough south to hear the music coming from 6th Street.

Guest ww_watcher

My first car was a 'Roid. It was so ugly it looked like a hemorrhoid. So we nicknamed it Hemi-Roid.

69 GTX, Forest green with a 426 Stage III Hemi.

My first car was the antithesis too that car. It was a 66 Plymouth Belvedere w/ a slant six. It would run on anything from fuel to ditchwater. Of course the ditchwater in Houston was 90 octane.

Guest Squirrel

Mine was a'66 Triumph Spitfire. $500, with 60K miles on it. Easy to work on; chicks loved it. 50 mpg; but I had to dust off the exhaust valves and tune the SU's often. Overcame the Lucas (Prince of Darkness) problems. Drove it for 25 years before donating it to a friend's kid: it couldn't pass state smog requirements. I performed two and a half engine rebuilds. Could do it again blindfolded. I dream about this car still; much more often than I would about any of my first girlfriends. Real men understand what that's about...

I envy you guys with all those special cars. I was busy paying my kids school fees and 15% interest on a huge mortgage! Nice cars were only a dream.

My first car was a Morris Minor. It was a quirky British car that was actually a rip off of the German Volkswagon Bettle.

Having said it was not a classic car in actual fact they are now considered precisely that. Mine was in Racing Green and I called her Molly the Moggy, (as Morris Minors were called Moggy's). I loved that car and kept it for 9 years. I sold it to a guy who arrived at my house dressed as a Hells Angel on a wonderful motorbike. He drove up my driveway and I though he was going to kill me!!!

When he took it away, after leaving his bike to pick up later, I shed a tear.

There are not many on the road now but when I hear one drive past I recognise the engine sound before I see it. Memories come flooding back!!!

Google up the Woodward Dream Cruise, or WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit. For that matter, YouTube must have a million WDC videos. It's the worlds largest car show. It's official day is Saturday, but the cruisers are out there all week the week before and after.

All told, about 1,000,000 cars will cruise the strip along with fire trucks, hearses, ambulances, police cars, scoots, Military vehicles, even a tank last year.

Georga Barris is always there, Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst Olds) is there, many celebrities come with their cars. Even Leno is known to ship a few cars over and join the fun.

It's one giant family party and no one gets out of hand.