Two local women sued officials in Greece, New York, objecting to invocations at

Nick

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eny one knows what realign  dose  Two local women sued officials in Greece, New York, objecting to invocations at monthly public sessions on government property.

This is in the jurisdiction of the United States. I wonder if Americans have ever read their own supreme Law; and if they have, the boldface phrase never seems to show up in their thought processes:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Of all the religions, not even Islam is less tolerant of religions than Marxist Atheism.

It doesn't. But as usual, these idiots are just looking for a reason to be offended by something. This way they get their 15 minutes of fame.

It's also another reason why this country is going down the shitter. They should have been told, tough shit. deal with it.

Here we have a big to do about a 7 or so year old kid reading his Bible in school in a free reading time. The Leftist anti-Christ teacher tried to remove the kid from school. It's getting more ridiculous by the second.

Guest bulgachica

I thought the US was pretty fundamental in it's Christian beliefs, creationism has to be taught along side evolution, is that right?

Guest ww_watcher

There was no mention of the women being Marxist-atheists, #6. However, these folks are rather intolerant of others who do practice one religion or another. They seem to believe that because they have to give a moment of silence in respect to those who choose to believe, that their "rights" not to believe are being squelched. In reality they are taking away the religious person's rights to invoke their Maker's benevolence. It should not matter to an atheist. Let them think about their lunch plans during that moment of silence or prayer. Though I am not a particularly religious person (I would be considered agnostic) I do wonder how empty or lonely it must feel not believing in something larger, older, or even superior in intellect or spiritualism than humans. BTW Christians, not Muslims were the first to use the word "infidel". It is short for the Latin word "infidelis" meaning unfaithful. So this kind intolerance is personal more than political.

Co-plaintiffs Linda Stephens and Susan Galloway challenged the revised policy, saying officials repeatedly ignored their requests to modify or eliminate the practice, or at least make it more inclusive.

"It's very divisive when you bring government into religion," Stephens told CNN from her home. "I don't believe in God, and Susan is Jewish, so to hear these ministers talk about Jesus and even have some of them who personally question our motives, it's just not appropriate."

Where does it mention Marxist Atheism in that article?

It doesn't need to. The Federal Government, nor the States, are allowed to established a state religion. It is an Individual right. Individuals may practice their respective religion; but they may not use the coercive force of government to force others into their religion.

This simple concept is old, born of European religious warfare. I can give you the history, but it involves the relationship of New Netherland & New England when their various religious sects arrived, and found that they decided they could rely on one another regardless of their respective religion, instead of killing each other. The history would be, for this thread, far off topic. Take it up at Old Dudes, and I'll try to respond. With footnotes.

If you will respect me and my right to my beliefs, I will in turn respect yours. 

Guest bulgachica

Whatever Squirrel.

Nah, I won't respect you for your simpering passive aggressive support of a cabal of racist internet bullies.  You mention Marxist Atheism simply because I mentioned that I am an atheist in the other thread.  Your reply quite simply has nothing to do with Atheism or the article in question.

As I told you before, you're very transparent pal.