Am I screwing up in the translation?

Guest Pirate

Guest Pirate

When I go to translate a post, I don't get English as an option, even if most of the thread is English. My only option is to pick a language at random, like German or Polish, which then brings up English as an option.

Some languages are always hard to translate, but some translations are so bad I think I might be making it worse, French to German to English as an example.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way?

Guest BJon

When I go to translate a post, I don't get English as an option, even if most of the thread is English. My only option is to pick a language at random, like German or Polish, which then brings up English as an option.

Some languages are always hard to translate, but some translations are so bad I think I might be making it worse, French to German to English as an example.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way?

I use S3.Google translator add on for FireFox it allows you to highlight text and translate automatically( detects language) works good for the most part.

Guest ww_watcher

Pirate, sometimes a word is misspelled, or a phase is used incorrectly, and it throws the translation off. I don't know why English isn't offered?

Guest BJon

Pirate, sometimes a word is misspelled, or a phase is used incorrectly, and it throws the translation off. I don't know why English isn't offered?

Because it is an English Website with people posting from all over there are add ons for browser that will let you translate the whole page or just selected text. Also Chrome has Google translate built in.

I use everything but IE. And I generally operate with TWO monitors. I load one with either the google, bing, or other  translator, and copy and paste between the CamCaps window and the translator window.

I have tried the in-built "Translate page" functions on the web browsers in the past, and gotten totally tied into knots.

Go ahead and change the language on your TV and you and your unsuspecting family members will understand what I mean...