RLC is getting serious about violating their terms & conditions

There is no way to track a screen shot or recorded video unless it has the "member code" in it. It's no different than taking a picture of an art piece at a museum, or a recording of a movie at a movie theater. Just be careful.

Yep. If you sign your name to a $100 bill, and people photographic it and post it, and you run automated searches on your signature, it will be recognized and flagged just like a scanned UPC at the grocery store. It will then know what you bought, when you bought it, what price you paid, who the vendor was, and when and how it moved through the store's inventory. If you bought it with a credit or debit card, it will find the number, and know that YOU bought it and posted it.

Simple. And yes, Squirrel is paranoid.

(But Squirrel is not concerned with jet contrails, and after years in the forest, he has seen no evidence of Big Foot.)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much agree with kalevipoeg.

RLC will probably survive, but will have to provide their own "samples" and do their own advertising.

CC has always tried to branch out to sources other than RLC -- for example, the photobucket threads here are very active (and often more interesting/stimulating/disgusting/etc.) Without RLC content, CC will still have shared content, but it will become more discussion oriented and operate as a clearing-house.

Circumventing copyright protection is a criminal act in the US, and has been since the Clinton years. Expect a replay of the "Napster" situation where many people who had downloaded and copied songs were fined zillions of dollars. The DMCA was passed to comply with international standards, so many other nations have penalties for copyright "piracy."

Quick, easily-read rundown of the DMCA is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCA

We started out as a discussion board and I would not mind going back to the good old days.  I'm tired of the beggars who want  passwords,( use joe sent me )photos and videos.

It occurred to me that none of us truly know what RLC is about, or why it exists. Every thing is so secretive behind the scenes. Many of their practices seem to go against what would seem like good business practices (Banning paying members, trying destroy fan pages, and preventing  discussion). Maybe the point of RLC is not to be make money at all, maybe it's part of some double blind experiment to gauge any number of things. Here are few examples: some kind of sociological experiment, where they allow memberships so that it essentially pays for itself and can afford to ban people so long as operating expenses are covered, an experiment to gauge voyeurism I.e. how much time people will spend watching other people, some type of web experiment to see how much traffic they can generate from one niche (they essentially own the live voyeur niche right now), some type of web trend experiment to see how world wide rankings works and how they can be manipulated, a way to test out new streaming or camera technologies,  a proof of concept experiment to prove that their is a large market for this kind of thing, maybe it's even part of some money laundering scheme, the possibilities are endless.  RLC calls itself a "Unique voyeur project" , a project can mean anything, including an experiment. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it just suddenly disappeared some day, after they completed their project whatever it's for.

It occurred to me that none of us truly know what RLC is about, or why it exists. Every thing is so secretive behind the scenes. Many of their practices seem to go against what would seem like good business practices (Banning paying members, trying destroy fan pages, and preventing  discussion). Maybe the point of RLC is not to be make money at all, maybe it's part of some double blind experiment to gauge any number of things. Here are few examples: some kind of sociological experiment, where they allow memberships so that it essentially pays for itself and can afford to ban people so long as operating expenses are covered, an experiment to gauge voyeurism I.e. how much time people will spend watching other people, some type of web experiment to see how much traffic they can generate from one niche (they essentially own the live voyeur niche right now), some type of web trend experiment to see how world wide rankings works and how they can be manipulated, a way to test out new streaming or camera technologies,  a proof of concept experiment to prove that their is a large market for this kind of thing, maybe it's even part of some money laundering scheme, the possibilities are endless.  RLC calls itself a "Unique voyeur project" , a project can mean anything, including an experiment. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it just suddenly disappeared some day, after they completed their project whatever it's for.

As Art Bell always said on the radio when responding to callers that have complex conspiracy stories, "Could be..."

I simply leave Tech Fashions in the WTF folder, along with my CC stuff.

That's it. It's how the Russian MOB and the "KGB" are filtering their money.  If they don't enforce their "copyright" it might not look like a normal business.  Damn Putin anyway!