B4 - General Topic 2022 #51 (June / July)

28 minutes ago, Fagen said:

Yes b1 and b2 is fine here, but b4 is bad. b7 also been having some issues the last days that are not fixed yet.

IMO, the problem is the load balancers.  Load balancers shift upload demand between servers.  When too many viewers are watching a particular cam, load balancers will switch some of the viewers to a server in Marseille from a server in Barcelona.  This should happen without anyone noticing.  However, that is not happening, and there is buffering, skipping, and freezing.  This is happening only on cams from a particular apartment that is popular, such as the big party at B-4.  apartments that are empty are not experiencing this problemn, because no one is watching them, so few uploads.

WWW.CITRIX.COM

Load balancing is a networking solution that distributes traffic across multiple servers to improve application availability and prevent...

4 minutes ago, moules said:

IMO, the problem is the load balancers.  Load balancers shift upload demand between servers.  When too many viewers are watching a particular cam, load balancers will switch some of the viewers to a server in Marseille from a server in Barcelona.  This should happen without anyone noticing.  However, that is not happening, and there is buffering, skipping, and freezing.  This is happening only on cams from a particular apartment that is popular, such as the big party at B-4.  apartments that are empty are not experiencing this problemn, because no one is watching them, so few uploads.

WWW.CITRIX.COM

Load balancing is a networking solution that distributes traffic across multiple servers to improve application availability and prevent...

Yes it might be something like this, maybe should tell rlc about this load balancing and have them look into it.

4 minutes ago, Fagen said:

Yes it might be something like this, maybe should tell rlc about this load balancing and have them look into it.

RLC already has load balancers.  The current problem probably is caused by their adding new apartments and new cameras, and more subscribers.  They need to buy more network capacity because of this. 

Google has a Youtube video explaining this.

12 minutes ago, MrFlexxy said:

You've gone and jinxed it, still freezing for me 😀

Yes it didnt last long, but the terrace cam is showing among the top cams, strange since it's all dead.

34 minutes ago, HotWivesRock said:

B4 was 7 minutes behind for me at one point around 4.45 B4 time, I saw Samson and Visitor guy carry the table from the backyard 3 times it was so Fooked up.

Its on time now but still the odd glitch.

Yes I saw him in b4 helping samson and at the same time I saw him on the bed with Ailey in b7 lol.

Still not good, was running ok for a few minutes but still the glitches now and then and the random loading screen.

Back good for now ...

• Haha 1