B2 - General Topic 2022 #22 (September / October)

Not all cultures tolerate violence against women. In my community, the other men would get together and take care of an abusive male...they would have a friendly talk with him. When I was a.child the women would take care of it themselves. They would wait until the mother fucker went to sleep and wrap him up in the sheets. Then they would use their influence to suggest that the event should never occur again. LOL

20 minutes ago, EMMETT111 said:

so unless i am mistaken pretty much all these guys are either russian or ukrainian right so Thor is such a bad ass ,i think we could suggest someplace he could prove himself lol 

I've been to Russia and Ukraine and they got a very "macho" culture where it's in some circuits "ok" to put a hand on your gf (control her and you are considered cool).  Alcohol usually is the trigger. Vodka is cheaper than water in those countries and they got a huge drinking problem as you can witness tonight.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kris66 said:

I've been to Russia and Ukraine and they got a very "macho" culture where it's in some circuits "ok" to put a hand on your gf (control her and you are considered cool).  Alcohol usually is the trigger. Vodka is cheaper than water in those countries and they got a huge drinking problem as you can witness tonight.

and we drink our share,at any given time 7 out of the top 10 country songs are about drinking 

2 minutes ago, EMMETT111 said:

and we drink our share,at any given time 7 out of the top 10 country songs are about drinking 

I don't know where you are from. I am from Denmark and we have the highest percentage of young men/women drinking in all of Europe (nothing to be proud of). Yet none of them behave like the Russian/Ukrainian men when being drunk. It's a cultural thing.