US General Domestic Politics (2022) #17 Begins 11/22/22

23 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

In Canada we do not have such things.  One Income Tax form usually does it all. The only ones that require extra forms are usually for ones claiming deductions that are not on the regular tax form.  

Even lottery wins are not taxable.  If one wins $100M that's what you collect from the lottery office.  It's tax free for the 1st year. After 1 year then one is taxed on any interest that collected but not the main principal amount it's tax free. In the US if one wins a lottery jackpot they lose almost 1/2 of it to Federal, State and possibly Municipal taxes. Win 1B on the Powerball and one can't even claim they're a Billionaire once the taxes are collected.  They photograph you with a cardboard cheque for the full amount but that's not the amount being collected. 

And the reason a U.S. citizen loses 1/2 of their lottery winnings is because of the tax and spend liberal progressive Democrats who you support and love. They are the ones who passed the tax laws that confiscate lottery winnings.

22 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Child Tax Credit is a joke.  When I was a kid growing up the Federal Government used to give $7 a Month per child back in the 1960's to 70's.  Nowadays they give anywhere between $350 to $500 a month per child up to a maximum of 5 children.  Some parents don't even use the money for their kids, the drugs and alcohol are more important to some over their children.

In the U.S. that's another government program that your beloved Democrats keep expanding and allocating more taxpayer dollars for.

22 hours ago, SPYING 1 said:
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., would not state whether he'd comply with a potential subpoena from...

If Schiff won't comply I wonder if he'll get the Steve Bannon treatment from the DOJ? Highly doubt it.:dodgy:

WWW.NPR.ORG

Voters in several cities approved ballot measures to cap rents, part of a larger resurgence of rent...

Being a landlord I can tell you that property taxes, home insurance has gone way up, plus the prices of materials to fix the homes that the renters damage has increased in price, also handyman have increased their price on labor, so of course the rent has to be increased 

7 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:
WWW.WCPO.COM

Heirlooms of Cincinnati filed six eviction complaints in October and six more in November...

Demon 😈 crats must pay their rent !! If they don't they must be evicted 

A landlord can evict a tenant with a notice but that does not necessarily mean they're going to leave by the date the landlord wants them out.  There are likely processes a landlord has to follow before they can actually evict. I have lived in places where it takes 4 to 6 months before the Sherrif finally shows up giving the 7-day notice to vacate.