I'm buying

Dth

My thoughts on abortion is that know one or government should that much control over a woman.  As with everything in life unless she is a sex slave but slavery was outlawed a long time ago.

The legal question for US citizens is this: Because rights are granted by a generic "god," then these inalienable rights cannot legitimately be withdrawn by a human. However, oddly, your mother, should she want you aborted, can do so, and, if you look at Obama's law in Illinois, she can have you killed even if you survive a botched abortion.

If we extended the right of mothers to kill their children when their children hit adolescence, well, I could understand that but there wouldn't be many of us around.  ;D

If i had to draw the line it would be at first breath then is is a killing.  For me life starts at breathing.  But I do believe that most states say different.  There are a lot of laws on the books that I do not believe in but follow just to stay out of trouble.

Life starts at inception. Be scientific instead of biblical.  But I do agree in a woman choice in her own life. Living in society today is tough enough without having to drag around a child anchor.

There are instances of rape, incest, failure of a contraceptive device, etc... Children aren't for everyone. Some people would make lousy parents and know it, so why bring a child into this world that is unwanted to begin with?

I agree with everything but the first line.  i did want to ask a question.  I understand the bible like I understand Shakespeare.  So when does the bible say that life starts and just post in simple English

Abortion is a complex moral, legal, and ethical question that is not likely to be resolved on CamCaps.

But I suggest that everyone who decides to undergo this procedure will be harmed, a human will never breath, play in a playground, laugh with childish happiness, nor will they love his or her parents unconditionally. As for the parents, both the mother and the father, there will always be a nagging question stashed away in the back of their mind of what have could have been, if only they had been more responsible.

Full Disclosure: I must state that I am not a member of any particular religion, I am a secular humanist. I am a sentient life-form made of DNA, and DNA has a prime directive. That is all that I need to know about life before I die.