US General Domestic Politics (2023) # 14 (04/13/23)

4 hours ago, happyone said:

So here is the reason Tucker Carlson and his producer were let go.  It wasn't Rupert but his CEO son Lachlan and Fox News president Suzanne Scott.  Both Carlson and his producer reportedly sent texts that there was not sufficient fraud to overturn the election and that claims of fraud is destructive and called Trump a demonic force, a destroyer.  He did attempt to be honest in one of his telecasts.   That of course went against the bullshit that the Fox News bosses wanted--so they fired him and his producer.  It is too bad that a popular conservative commentator gave in to the crap that the far right Fox News spews---Carlson is better than that, but a lot of us got tired of watching him lie as well.

The following is from ABC News.

WWW.MSN.COM

Fox News host Tucker Carlson and the media company have "agreed to part ways," Fox said in a statement Monday.

"Reportedly sent texts." Reported by whom? Sounds like a bullshit story made up by ABC since Rupert's son is not a Donald Trump supporter.  And if they were going to fire Carlson for not going along with the stolen election claim they would have fired him a long time ago. Fox  News just had to pay $750 million as a result of the stolen election claim, so why would they fire someone who opposed the claim? Not a logical explanation to me. I'll wait and see what Tucker Carlson gives as the reason for his firing. To me ABC and CNN are the same operation. I trust nothing either one of them reports.

4 hours ago, maxfactor said:

How does a question about Putin turn into supporting Trudeau, let alone Biden?  Carlson was clearly, like you, so pissed at Biden...he basically professed support for the terrorist.

No, Carlson was just pointing out the truth that most of the people involved in the Jan.6 protest were not violent. Tucker many times said that anyone who was violent should be prosecuted and punished, but that those who peacefully protested should not be locked away in prison for years just for trespassing.