Windows 10

JoJoGunne

Every time a new version is released, I get offers from Microsloth to update to the newer version, usually for $30USD. That offer is usually good for only a week or so, then the price shoots to the moon.

When Win8 was released, I got it for $40 in October and then bought it in December for the same price for my son.  All of the updates were free to me.  I don't know what the offer will be for Win10, but I expect to get it for free or cheap.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like he said Huh.  I have read how too's but I get lost after the first word.  Anyone Know of a video that goes step by step.

My How to s r for Mac users who has paralles desktop virtual machine, it is not for windows users..

Windows users will simply click setup to upgrade but it is not recomended cause its a very early version. Dont upgrade ur exsisting windows just set it up on another patition...

I agree...if you only have one computer.  But if you have a spare, it's a whole lot easier to just upgrade if you are using Win7...you don't lose any of your programs, data or settings.  Just be prepared to, maybe, do a fresh install when going back to Win7.

I have an old laptop.  Compared to my desktop...or even compared to any modern computer...it's way underpowered.  I put Win10 on it for two reasons:  I don't mind losing the stuff on it when I revert back to Win7 and I wanted to see if Win10 works well on the old hardware.

It works VERY well.

So I'm using Windows 7 on my Laptop.  How do a make a partition.  Will I be able to choose  to start 7 or 10 each time I turn on my laptop.

Beta versions are for advanced user if u even dont know how to create a new patition u shouldnt deal with it for your own good, please dont misunderstand

So I'm using Windows 7 on my Laptop.  How do a make a partition.  Will I be able to choose  to start 7 or 10 each time I turn on my laptop.

Beta versions are for advanced user if u even dont know how to create a new patition u shouldnt deal with it for your own good, please dont misunderstand

Thank you I will wait tell 10 comes out and pay full price or upgrade or upgrade price. I understand that you want and are very helpful

Thank you I will wait tell 10 comes out and pay full price or upgrade or upgrade price. I understand that you want and are very helpful

Ok your choice

Read below to do it

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg309170.aspx

Why pay for an upgrade. When the Retail version becomes available you'll be able to download from Bit Torrent for free.

I just had a spare Hard Drive so I pulled my drive with Windows 7 on it out and put in the spare then installed the Windows 10 but not everyone keeps a spare drive on hand so they have to repartition their drive so it will dual boot to either Windows 7 or Windows 10 whichever they prefer to use at the time of starting up the computer. I have never had much luck dual booting a drive so I bought a spare one for that purpose when something new comes along I can try it without affecting my previous files plus I don't really like formatting my drive each and every time I try something new. To much formatting will only give your hard drives bad sectors.

I just had a spare Hard Drive so I pulled my drive with Windows 7 on it out and put in the spare then installed the Windows 10 but not everyone keeps a spare drive on hand so they have to repartition their drive so it will dual boot to either Windows 7 or Windows 10 whichever they prefer to use at the time of starting up the computer. I have never had much luck dual booting a drive so I bought a spare one for that purpose when something new comes along I can try it without affecting my previous files plus I don't really like formatting my drive each and every time I try something new. To much formatting will only give your hard drives bad sectors.

Using a spare HD as you did is a good way to run the WTP.  No risk to your existing OS setup.

But, StnCld316, I had to chuckle at your last sentence...the one about bad sectors.

http://blog.gobbler.com/2012/07/hard-drive-myth-bad-sectors-and-reformatting/

Not meaning to sound paranoid but windows 10 preview grants too many liberty's for microsoft. I personally will never use it.

Essentially they log keystrokes, sound, video (attached cameras ect) any network you connect to, and any privacy solutions you use (vpn tor ect).

Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.

We may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility" and "use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing.

If you open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use [of] it for purposes such as improving performance, or [if you] enter text, we may collect typed characters, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.