A&A apt 3?

If you look at the code for the page, it will tell you what the scripts say, and some of these scripts are then assigned to the different apartment numbers that we can see displayed. It's just easier to assign apartment numbers and make code changes when you use variables for initial IDs instead of fixed "numbers" in a code. Itsme could no doubt explain this better than me.

It's all trickery, of course.

Not that I'm current on my HTML, but you can see code by loading a page in Firefox (for example), clicking on Tools, and exploring the Web Developer options. The code of the page will appear in a window at the bottom of your screen, underneath the page output (the video feed). It gets a bit complicated, and reading the code is not nearly as easy as looking at Leora or Maya or any of the other wonderful RLC women, of course.

I'll explain color indirection, redefinable character sets, and Antic video scrolling in my next chapter on "Why the Atari 800 was superior to every other early mass-market computer available." I'm sure you can't wait.  ;D 8)