+20 % of Vat on the rlc suscription

switch

well I would like to know if it's the same thing in your country but here in France when you click on the suscription of your choice there is a VAT of 20 % is added to the amount of your suscription,

this is new here it was not the case before

a month suscription is now 53.94 euro, it was 44,95 euro before, definitely too expansive now 😏, a example by verotel this is the same thing with segpay

967v.jpg

Il y a 22 heures, switch a dit :

well I would like to know if it's the same thing in your country but here in France when you click on the suscription of your choice there is a VAT of 20 % is added to the amount of your suscription,

this is new here it was not the case before

a month suscription is now 53.94 euro, it was 44,95 euro before, definitely too expansive now 😏, a example by verotel this is the same thing with segpay

967v.jpg

In France, the standard VAT rate is 20%. VAT ( value added tax ) TVA.

Ok, I looked at what I paid. 
$45 USA, I pay that and my credit card charges my bank in almost $60 Canadian. That is about the exchange rate. 

So what I see is there is no VAT or GST charged to me. Canada and USA to have some free trade between them and maybe this is one of them. I do pay for this tax as GST on most items I buy online if the come from USA

I will keep an eye out for extra charges from RLC in case it appears.

Maybe North America is not part of the tax you were charged. 

VAT Tax is a fucked up system as everyone pays right across the chain.  More than one pays tax for a product before it reaches the consumer.  

Example:  

1. A farmer sells a kilogram of raw grain to a flour company for $1. The flour company pays the cost of the raw materials ($1) plus the 10% tax ($0.10), which works out to a total cost of $1.10.

2. The flour company mills the grain and produces white flour that’s sold to a wholesale distribution company for $3 a kilogram. The wholesale distribution company pays the cost of the flour ($3) plus the 10% tax ($0.30). However, the company only actually pays $0.20 in tax because they aren’t liable for the VAT costs already paid by the flour company ($0.10).

3. The wholesale distribution company sells their flour to a local baker for $5 a kilogram. The baker pays the cost of the flour ($5) plus the 10% tax ($0.50). But, the baker only pays $0.20 in tax, because the other companies in the supply chain have already paid the rest.

4. The baker sells you an assortment of loaves of very nice artisanal, hand-crafted bread for $10 using all of the flour bought from the wholesale distribution company. You pay the cost of the bread ($10) plus the 10% tax ($1) using your sleek KOHO prepaid Mastercard. But you theoretically only pay $0.50 in tax, because the rest was technically already paid by everyone else in the supply chain.

If all of this sounds complicated, that’s because it is. We’ve of course skipped some steps in the process and have overlooked the fact that there are more ingredients in bread than just flour. But the take-home point from this example is that VAT is supposed to be charged to every single organization involved in a supply chain to raise government revenue.

the thing I don't understand it's I never paid this taxe before on RLC, I think it's new since the 1st january maybe

when I buy something outside the europe I pay this 20 % of taxe ok, is it means RLC  is located outside europe for asking this 20 % of VAT now ?

one thing is sure: RLC and me it's over I don't want pay this price

What currency are the quoted prices for subscriptions?    If we have to add extrange rate and charges and VAT to the bill it becomes unviable.

This looks like a scam to charge more. They charge the customers local VAT where if they would do it right they would charge their local VAT. I dont for a second believe rlc tunnel this VAT around the world to diff countries governments.

3 minutes ago, Brimby said:

This looks like a scam to charge more. They charge the customers local VAT where if they would do it right they would charge their local VAT. I dont for a second believe rlc tunnel this VAT around the world to diff countries governments.

Yep. If I vpn tunnel to Germany I get to pay Germany VAT rate. Hope they have a valid VAT number for my country since I do charge rlc on my company card, I get the VAT back from my government this way but rlc MUST have a VAT number in my country for that and even charge it to begin with.

Where are they located? If they are within EU I should pay their local VAT, as I am a EU resident.

14 hours ago, Brimby said:

If they didnt join MOSS, was easily solved using a vpn.

Used a socks5 proxy in Hong Kong to make the payment to avoid the VAT crap, worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...