B1 - General Topic 2024 #5 (April / May)

11 hours ago, OneBeing said:

People are who they are and do what they do based on their genetic makeup and the conditioning they have received from many sources throughout their life. There is no right or wrong until somebody makes a judgement based on their own concept (just thoughts) of how things ought to be instead of accepting that life unfolds exactly as it should and has been doing for millions of years according to Cosmic Law. Yes, society makes rules and as a result there are consequences to actions that go against what society deems acceptable so it is wise to follow guidelines but it is helpful to have compassion for what happens rather than trying to place blame somewhere because whatever happens could not have been otherwise.

RLC is what it is. Take it or leave it, it's fine. Watch it or cancel, no problem, but to say it should be different than what it is makes no sense. It is the private lives of other people who are put into a very artificial environment with special rules and what we see is an attempt to live life while having to deal with all that comes with these unusual circumstances.

I have interacted with RLC a few times over the years but have never been as interested as I am now after having “met” Octavia. I continue to find her very unique, interesting and refreshing because she is as open and honest as anyone I have seen on the site. Yes, she does play with things within the “rules” and her behavior evolves and changes the longer she lives in this environment but it's all OK. Lets face it…this situation is a temporary stop in the lives of most of the people in these houses. I think in Octavia's case she has experienced a lot of new and exciting things, grown as a person, and will soon “outgrow” RLC and move on. I will miss her.

In this respect, I still agree with you completely.
Octavia is a special person and she has persuaded me to extend my subscription twice to see how everything develops. But perhaps it is precisely her nature that is the reason for my feelings.

Of course, the problem lies with me. I have simply spent too much time with Octavia, her actions, thoughts and feelings and that is why I react so emotionally. The fact that my assumptions are based only on my thoughts is of course due to the requirements of this format, based on the wrong language - I still can't speak Russian - and the camera-free rooms. I can only free myself from these feelings if I give up intensive observation of Octavia. But then I can no longer make any contributions to this topic here in the forum.

The fact that I am ending my membership of RLC affects Octavia less than the overall impression of this format. Moreover, here in Sweden, spring is slowly replacing winter and then I will spend less time in front of the screen and do my activities outside.

I should also note that our conversations really pleased me. Our thoughts may not be that different.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Melle2 said:

In this respect, I still agree with you completely.
Octavia is a special person and she has persuaded me to extend my subscription twice to see how everything develops. But perhaps it is precisely her nature that is the reason for my feelings.

Of course, the problem lies with me. I have simply spent too much time with Octavia, her actions, thoughts and feelings and that is why I react so emotionally. The fact that my assumptions are based only on my thoughts is of course due to the requirements of this format, based on the wrong language - I still can't speak Russian - and the camera-free rooms. I can only free myself from these feelings if I give up intensive observation of Octavia. But then I can no longer make any contributions to this topic here in the forum.

The fact that I am ending my membership of RLC affects Octavia less than the overall impression of this format. Moreover, here in Sweden, spring is slowly replacing winter and then I will spend less time in front of the screen and do my activities outside.

I should also note that our conversations really pleased me. Our thoughts may not be that different.

I understand your point of view and why it is better for you to end your time on RLC. It is frustrating when there is emotional involvement without the ability to do much about it but your desire to help and add emotional support for someone when they appear to suffer is a quality that is much needed in this life. It is nice to see that you have this quality and it was also nice to share these thoughts. Take care and enjoy your time outside in the spring weather!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Is that me, or is Octavia kinda saying goodbye ?

[Edit] Ah probably not to the whole project, just to some specific ppl 🙂 

It struck me as goodbye to both specific people and to the project. It is just a matter of when.

2 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

It struck me as goodbye to both specific people and to the project. It is just a matter of when.

Well, for the project I hope that won't be too soon. Or that she'll manage to keep in touch somehow.

49 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Well, for the project I hope that won't be too soon. Or that she'll manage to keep in touch somehow.

Well, she said not yet for the project so that is nice. She did say some time ago that she would still be there in June. As usual, we will just have to wait and see. I originally thought she would leave in July but I should probably stop guessing. 😁

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OneBeing said:

Well, she said not yet for the project so that is nice. She did say some time ago that she would still be here in June. As usual, we will just have to wait and see. I originally thought she would leave in July but I should probably stop guessing. 😁

Ah thank you, I heard her mentioning the project but did not got it.

I believe (without being 100% sure) that I heard her mentioning going home this summer a while ago . This might be visa related, but I'm the one guessing now.

3 minutes ago, itohkata said:

I believe (without being 100% sure) that I heard her mentioning going home this summer a while ago . This might be visa related, but I'm the one guessing now.

Ha! Yes, that little voice in the head loves to think it knows what is happening. It is amazing how often it is wrong. Best not to take it too seriously as life has a mind of its own. 😉

She has mentioned going to visit her family plus there are now 2 festivals that she has tickets to. One is in Belgium at the end of June.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, itohkata said:

Octavia has lived in Barcelona for at least 3 years, i think she said 5 so very unlikely to be visa related, she is also taking her Spanish driving test, not something she'd be doing if she was leaving Spain anytime soon.

She also told Mati she has a flat in Barcelona that she shares with another girl and still does so, I think it's possible that the short haired girl that visited, went with her to B4 and stayed over a few weeks back could be the flatmate. Will be sad to see her leave but hey ho it is a GOV after all. 

So can we assume that Tattoo and / or Big Eyes are leaving today or tomorrow? Brooke has had a suitcase open half packed for a few days now whereas Tessa seems to be as normal so maybe just Brooke?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HotWivesRock said:

Octavia has lived in Barcelona for at least 3 years, i think she said 5 so very unlikely to be visa related, she is also taking her Spanish driving test, not something she'd be doing if she was leaving Spain anytime soon.

She also told Mati she has a flat in Barcelona that she shares with another girl and still does so, I think it's possible that the short haired girl that visited, went with her to B4 and stayed over a few weeks back could be the flatmate. Will be sad to see her leave but hey ho it is a GOV after all. 

So can we assume that Tattoo and / or Big Eyes are leaving today or tomorrow? Brooke has had a suitcase open half packed for a few days now whereas Tessa seems to be as normal so maybe just Brooke?

When they arrived, Tessa told her English teacher that her plan was to stay for a couple of months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HotWivesRock said:

All in all, you're right, and as I said, I was merely guessing about the Visa question. The only point I would eventually disagree would be that she doesn't need a visa. She said multiple time that she was from Belarus and there is a need for a visa renewal (which can increase to a 5 year renewal in some cases it seems). So, unless she has a EU citizenship  (or any other that allows free travel to/from spain), she will be submitted to having a visa (irrelevant to the time she spent in spain).

One thing for sure is that she's not on your average travel visa (as they are limited to 90 days over a half year if I'm not wrong).