B2 - General Topic 2024 #10 (June / July)

12 hours ago, moules said:

My comment below is getting more than a bit technical, but I sometimes use total fertility rate as a proxy for where there is very likely to be labor shortages.  A total fertility rate of 2.1 means that a population is replacing itself   (2.1 is the number of live births a woman has during her reproductive years.)  Less than 2.1, and the country;s population is shrinking, and also aging.  Declines in total fertility rates do not happen overnight, but typically occur over decades.

CIA estimates of total fertility rates in 2024 for 227 countries can be found here:

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/field/total-fertility-rate/country-comparison/

Below are some of the 25 nation states and territories with the lowest rates, those with total fertility rates below 1.5,

#207 Portugal 1.45

#208 Belarus 1.45

#211 Greece 1,41

#217 Poland 1.32

#218 Spain 1.3

#219 Italy 1.26

#221 Moldova 1.26

#224 Ukraine 1.22

#227 Taiwan 1.11

Spain's decline began in the 1980s, and by the mid 1990s  the rate had fallen to 1.2 and below.  For a country experiencing such a decline, the only remedy, from a labor force and pension standpoint is either net in-migration, and/or increasing the retirement age.. 

More useless information.......

4 minutes ago, Noldus said:

and left again, without anything 

If it's Nico then she was arguing with him on a call last night whilst in her room and Ema was stood listening. Nadia accused him of taking Ketamine and lying to her, yea like she's perfect.  

33 minutes ago, TfiDeano said:

If it's Nico then she was arguing with him on a call last night whilst in her room and Ema was stood listening. Nadia accused him of taking Ketamine and lying to her, yea like she's perfect.  

Was She mad because he didn't share with her?

Just now, thinga69 said:

Was She mad because he didn't share with her?

Lol I am guessing so and she is quick to forget her 6 days of partying at B4 at the start of the year with Sara & Masshole. Oh she forgot...she's perfect that's why lol. 

• moos54 locked this topic