Harley, Zabava (2024) #4

21 hours ago, Pete1960 said:

It doesn't mention Russian, you are quoting the meaning in Romanian, maybe have a look at Serbo-Croation, they are all derived from the FRENCH word.

I'm not sure why it seem so important for you that I'm wrong, but let put things back in context.

See, here @sigfried said "rabota" is work in russian, to which you replied

Which is not french for work. French word for work is "Travail(ler)". Or "Taffer", "Bosser", "Turbiner" (not an exhaustive list for slang words). I know that, because I'm french, and have been speaking, reading and writing french for about half a century now, and not because I just randomly searched for a word on the internet. I, very respectfully, informed you that you were mistaken.

On 8/31/2024 at 10:35 AM, itohkata said:

I'm afraid you are mistaken. That's not french at all. Not even slang. 

Which seemed to upset you somehow as you felt the need to copy/paste me the wiki page and some passive/agressive comment on how smarter I am than wiktionary. 

On 8/31/2024 at 10:49 AM, Pete1960 said:

Maybe you should tell Wiktionary that you are smarter than them!!

Then, well, I can't even summarize more what I said and seemed pretty simple

On 8/31/2024 at 11:04 AM, itohkata said:

As it says. 

Raboter is the same meaning than below use a plane to flatten something

Nothing to do with "work". Also, absolutely no reason for those two girls for using such a word in their conversation. 

On the other hand, as OP said, работа, whose phonetic spelling:  rɐˈbo̞tə, does indeed means "working" in russian.

I'm not smarter than anyone, but I'm french. 

Which gives not only context on why Raboter is not a french word for "work", I also took time to look for the original assertion from sigfried, claiming that "rabota" is work in russian, and truly enough, работа, which is pronounced rɐˈbo̞tə which can be written, with our alphabet as "rabota". So, it really felt like the circle was complete and the matter could be put to rest.

And this is where it gets weird. Rather than just dropping the topic, or even better, saying "thank you for taking the time to point that to me, I learned something today", you felt the need to add a comment that, in my opinion, doesn't put you in a great light.

21 hours ago, Pete1960 said:

It doesn't mention Russian, you are quoting the meaning in Romanian, maybe have a look at Serbo-Croation, they are all derived from the FRENCH word.

No it doesn't mention Russian on rabota's page, because the russian langage doesn't use our alphabet, but a Cyrillic one (like most slavic languages). So unless you know how to read, write and most likely speak russian, using the Cyrillic alphabet helps nobody understanding anything. That's why, very kindly, @sigfried helped us understanding what they were talking about.

And yes, I was quoting the Romanian meaning (and said so in my comment), because it was the same as in french, and that as I'm not an english native speaker (as I'm french), I wouldn't take the risk of giving an incorrect definition of a french word in english, especially when I have a perfect one at hand, from a source you trust. 

I have no fucking idea of what Romania (or Serbia, or Croatia, because they have split) derive their words from (doubt that's from french tho. Most likely to be just another latin language like any country that had to deal with the Romans). 

So, you're welcome, can we go back to talking about how either one of them masturbate now ? I think I preferred that. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, itohkata said:

I'm not sure why it seem so important for you that I'm wrong, but let put things back in context.

See, here @sigfried said "rabota" is work in russian, to which you replied

Which is not french for work. French word for work is "Travail(ler)". Or "Taffer", "Bosser", "Turbiner" (not an exhaustive list for slang words). I know that, because I'm french, and have been speaking, reading and writing french for about half a century now, and not because I just randomly searched for a word on the internet. I, very respectfully, informed you that you were mistaken.

Which seemed to upset you somehow as you felt the need to copy/paste me the wiki page and some passive/agressive comment on how smarter I am than wiktionary. 

Then, well, I can't even summarize more what I said and seemed pretty simple

Which gives not only context on why Raboter is not a french word for "work", I also took time to look for the original assertion from sigfried, claiming that "rabota" is work in russian, and truly enough, работа, which is pronounced rɐˈbo̞tə which can be written, with our alphabet as "rabota". So, it really felt like the circle was complete and the matter could be put to rest.

And this is where it gets weird. Rather than just dropping the topic, or even better, saying "thank you for taking the time to point that to me, I learned something today", you felt the need to add a comment that, in my opinion, doesn't put you in a great light.

No it doesn't mention Russian on rabota's page, because the russian langage doesn't use our alphabet, but a Cyrillic one (like most slavic languages). So unless you know how to read, write and most likely speak russian, using the Cyrillic alphabet helps nobody understanding anything. That's why, very kindly, @sigfried helped us understanding what they were talking about.

And yes, I was quoting the Romanian meaning (and said so in my comment), because it was the same as in french, and that as I'm not an english native speaker (as I'm french), I wouldn't take the risk of giving an incorrect definition of a french word in english, especially when I have a perfect one at hand, from a source you trust. 

I have no fucking idea of what Romania (or Serbia, or Croatia, because they have split) derive their words from (doubt that's from french tho. Most likely to be just another latin language like any country that had to deal with the Romans). 

So, you're welcome, can we go back to talking about how either one of them masturbate now ? I think I preferred that. 

How about you just take off, I really don't give a damn

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, HotWivesRock said:

These are all genuine errors on British TV news programes. Britsh Politican Jeremy C*nt no Hunt  

Although to be far of lot of people think he was one :smile:

Jeremy Cxnt is more suitable. 🤣

• Like 1

Do we know if she left her BF or if they figured their stuff out ? It feels like she's happy and smiling (and enjoying herself) most of the time whereas before it was more often than not crying, yelling or frowning.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Do we know if she left her BF or if they figured their stuff out ? It feels like she's happy and smiling (and enjoying herself) most of the time whereas before it was more often than not crying, yelling or frowning.

They are still together, and he's still an asshole to her.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1