wet dishes in cupboards and drawers?

Dan1456

Doesn't the wood get damp and the possibility of fungus and bacteria when they put the wet dishes in the cupboards and drawers after washing them?  I have noticed a few couples doing this and wonder if it laziness or were they actually taught that this is a good thing to do?

Doesn't the wood get damp and the possibility of fungus and bacteria when they put the wet dishes in the cupboards and drawers after washing them?  I have noticed a few couples doing this and wonder if it laziness or were they actually taught that this is a good thing to do?

If they store them on edge in a rack like Diana and Efim, and there is shelf paper in the cupboard, then the dishes should dry just fine. They really won't stay damp for days or weeks on end, so I don't think there is much danger of them getting mold or mildew.

Unless they are in a very humid climate like Florida or Central America, the dishes will probably be mostly dry in a few hours.