Country's of members

CC Powerdriver

Bonnie Scotland  :welcome:

P.S. Would all the people who claim to live in God's country, tell him to get of his arse and get some miracles done. The world sure needs some!!

He did. He gave you the bagpipes to drive off the Romans...screaming...holding their ears. :)

Just kidding. I'm proud to have McGregor in my heritage by way of the McGehees of America. My son even bears the name of the youngest son of the last Scottish King. Thanks to Anne Stewart and her bloody proscription there aren't many Sons of Gregor left.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a bit off topic but upndown reminded me of a story I read in one of my Grandads books on our heritage. During the time when Hadrian Ceaser occupied England the Scotsmen, being a frisky bunch, would harry the roman outposts so that they wouldn't forget they can't conquer Scotland. Finally, having had enough of that, the Romans decided to send a legion north into the hills to put a stop to that nonsence. The Romans, being masters of logistics, sent the legion of soldiers north in the winter because the generals thought they would have time to prepare. I don't remember exactly where this took place, but the Romans encountered some very nasty weather and had to hunker down for a blizzard. In the middle of this storm the Romans heard the distinctive sound of a bagpipe but couldn't tell where it was coming from and it scared the young ones who had never encountered this sort of thing. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the romans were set upon by a mere 300, screaming, NAKED, axe-wielding, broadsword-swinging Scots. Even though the Scots were outnumbered 4:1 the romans were so discumbobulated by this, they were decimated before they organize themselves enough to run the right direction home. They built Hadrian's wall shortly afterward...which didn't really help.

I am sure there is a more accurate version of this but it wouldn't be as fun in the tellin'.

aller un peu du sujet , mais je tiens ce pays de membres sujet, il donne les débutants plus d'un accueil ici

going of topic a bit but i like this country of members topic it gives newbies more of a welcome on here

aller un peu du sujet , mais je tiens ce pays de membres sujet, il donne les débutants plus d'un accueil ici

going of topic a bit but i like this country of members topic it gives newbies more of a welcome on here

Yes, we welcome you in, and then corrupt you horribly.

Oui, nous vous accueillons dans, puis vous corrompre horriblement. :nana: