Juke Box Split #3

rubberball50

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell anyone Karen,.. They'll just get jealous.  ::)

Shssss, I'm whispering this so that no one hears me, but the rose in Elizabethan times was the symbol of a secret. But don't let on that you know this. 

It will be our little secret.  :)

And this is for TBG.    Amicus Meus

All great souls are born to suffer.  For it is in this suffering that we come to remember what is necessary to live again. 

The Compass

To see with eyes not open~ To feast with those that are dead

To hear what's not been spoken~ And speak what's ne'er been said

Until the spell of time is broken~ To remember is to live again

Written at age sixteen

Thank you Karen,.. I happen to like both of those songs very much.  But if you remember "Wild Horses" holds a special significance to me, as I once wrote about us setting all those little ponies free.

That was a good time, and a nice night, and justice for one of my own.  ;)

There is something here that I feel I must say.  That within the ranks of those who once surrounded me, being in number nearly two hundred; there was never a soul so noble as that of Joseph Harris Young.

For in what he had sacrificed for me, is not for me to put into words, but has left me in tears more than once, or whenever I should think upon it.  And I love this man, even as God knows my heart is true in this from whence these tears have come, and from whence these words have sprung.

But now he is gone.  And yet I wish to mention someone else I know who's heart as well is lined with gold, and that is the man who hides behind the gentle name of Foamy T. Squirrel. 

He is a honorable man, steadfast and true.  And I am proud to say he is a friend of mine.

I hope you all will excuse me.  Sometimes I take a turn of a more serious nature.  And this just happens to be one of them.   

And this is for you Patti.    Upon the blessings of God,.. I will see you again. 

Parting Sorrow

The halls of my heart are empty and dark~ Now that she is gone from me

Where once there were sunlit skies where Natures own joys did grace my eyes

Now there is only shadows and gloom that fills this room~ Now that she has gone from me

And where once she stood ever so near~ Her gentle laugh ever so dear

Now there is only this faint memory~ Of what once was~ Now gone from me