Question about videos

Ronin

Ok, I can't search the forums, (I assume I have to be a paid member for that) and I've tried reading all the rules I could find, but this isn't mentioned anywhere that I could find.  Is there a reason torrent software isn't used to share any videos provided by users?  It would certainly keep them available longer.

Odd, there's nothing dangerous about any of the torrent programs I'm familiar with, provided they're downloaded from the proper source.  I know people have had issues with Vuze and utorrent installing the rogue programs you mention, spyware and such, but only when they're downloaded from the wrong source, but I assume people who know how to use the file services normally used here are smart enough not to do that.  And the actual torrents themselves are no more risky than the videos posted to dirtybin or megadrive, in either case you still have to trust that the file isn't a malicious program renamed to a video, or that there's nothing harmful embedded in it.

Not trying to be argumentative or anything, I was really just curious if there was a rule against it that I couldn't find posted.

Maybe ADMIN can weigh in on this subject a little deeper.

But when you have 50,000+ members, worldwide, there are always a few that will try and corrupt an entire board just to be malicious. We have a section for torrents, but it was getting abused and we simply blocked it from view.