Man's best friend!

HarleyFatboy

I think any animal lover would be proud of what my son & I did for Bailey today.   Her final resting place is on the side of a hill on my property where she can look over a valley and watch the sunset every evening.   I teared up so bad it made my son (who was trying to be strong for his dad) tear up right beside me.   However, I feel much better after leaving her because I know in my heart that she is happy with her final resting place!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and support!!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I think any animal lover would be proud of what my son & I did for Bailey today.   Her final resting place is on the side of a hill on my property where she can look over a valley and watch the sunset every evening.   I teared up so bad it made my son (who was trying to be strong for his dad) tear up right beside me.   However, I feel much better after leaving her because I know in my heart that she is happy with her final resting place!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and support!!

Rest in peace , I believe Humans or animals when we die we go better place 

• Upvote 1

Losing a pet sucks and I think losing a dog hurts more then losing any other pet.  Hope your dog rests in peace, keep the good memories in mind and it will keep you smiling.

I lost my dog (a female Jack Russel terrier) about a year ago when she suddenly died.  I had her since she was a puppy when friends had a nest of puppies and wanted good homes for the little ones.  I took the one from the nest which came right to me, during the years she proved to be a very smart but also very naughty and stubborn girl.  One of the funniest times was when I came home after having dinner with friends who have a dog their self, the dog (a big "Bouvier des Flandres" (think it's called a Flanders Cattle dog in English)) was in my life since he was a puppy and I went on walks very frequently during the years, the dog even liked me more then his owners (which was sometimes funny when he wouldn't listen to the owners but rather listen to me instead).  Since their owners are very good friends I came in contact a lot with the dog and every time I came home my own dog smelled me and seemed to be annoyed that I played with another dog.  That one day, my friends dog stayed with me the whole time i was there, sitting besides me when eating, laying her head on my lap during the meal, she just didn't go away.  So during the hours I played a lot with him having a blast.  But then when I came home my dog must have smelled that the other dog did got a lot of attention, the moment I entered my apartment she sniffed, turned her back to me and walked to the living room where she went to a wall and sit and watched the wall for over an hour completely ignoring me.  Even when trying to please her with cookies or so she didn't gave up, she stayed as stubborn as she was and kept watching the wall.  After more then an hour she finally gave in and jumped in the sofa, accepted the cookies and became my best friend again.  The sight of her staring at the wall and completely ignoring me (because in her eyes I had been unfaithful to her) always makes me smile.  She was the most stubborn dog I ever met but she was also the nicest and she comforted me a lot when I lost my mother and 4 years later when I lost my dad.  My parents and I were very very close and my little stubborn naughty dog got my through the worst days of my life.  Unfortunately about a year ago after her yearly check with the doctor she suffered a heart attack (or maybe an allergic reaction to the injections which I find doubtful since she had them before) and less then an hour when I was home she suddenly died, I tried cpr and rushed her back to the vet but unfortunately she passed away on my way to the vet.  Until this day I still haven't been able to get another dog, I still miss her to much though I would love to have another dog in house again, it just doesn't feel right, maybe I give it another year or so and hopefully i'll be ready then to have a new dog, one I'll certainly will search in a dog rescue instead of a pet store. 

A dog is really a man's best friend...

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

This is just an update for those of you that might care about where I am at with a new best friend.    I am now a proud owner of a much bigger best friend.   Her name is Allie and she is a Rhodesian Ridgeback.   I am looking forward to the time I can spend with her before my time runs out!    Wish me luck, I might be way over my head with this one lol.