For a friend. TBG

woodworker

3 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

What make and model was that WW?

The man's name was Sid King, and he smiled and said I've got something for you, and it was in a box.   I looked at it without touching it, while he was saying something, but I don't really remember what brand or make it was, though as I said, it looked very similar to that one in the video.

I was sorely tempted, but I had sworn off semi-automatics at that point in my life, due to the mess of empty cartridges they all seem to leave behind.   

• Upvote 1

I knew a professional hit man. He had retired. Alive.

He only used revolvers, and they were used, unmarked, and cheap. He didn't like anything fancy; they were only one-time single use tools for him.

He told great stories, but refrained from certain details for obvious reasons.

18 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

He only used revolvers, and they were used, unmarked, and cheap. He didn't like anything fancy; they were only one-time single use tools for him.

I bet he did have some very interesting stories to tell!   He is a smart man if all he used was revolvers for that line of work.    The only other handgun I would use by todays standards would be a Glock if I was going to use any semi-auto pistol.

49 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I never had to take anyone out that way, but I came close to shooting the nose off someone once.   It happened in the wee hours of night, and was a sudden bit of action followed by a loud report that startled a good friend then sitting beside me in my car.  It was pure reflex, as I quickly threw my arm across my friend's chest and took my shot out of the passenger side window.   And it's a good thing that this prick then parked at this gas station, didn't moved forward a few inches just then, or he would done more than just coward down into the floor boards.  

At best, he would have been left without a nose, at worse..

Oh he was a real scary looking guy, with his scraped knuckles and bruised up face, and his short cropped prison hair cut.  

And I didn't mean to be rude or stare.  But when he flipped me off, my lightning quick reflexes just took over.   

My good friend Joe, after we took off, shouted out,..

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!"    He was a little bit shaken up by it all.   

Joe had just gotten back into the car, and didn't know what was about to happen just then.

And it was both deliberate and fast on my part.  

Anyway,.. Joe was, and is, the best friend I ever had.  

• Upvote 1

Good story WW!   I bet your best friend had some ringing in the ears after that lol.   I've never shot at a person on purpose thus far through my life,  but to protect me or my family or my properties,  I would in a heartbeat.   I would have to be in fear for my life or one of family members life before I pulled the trigger though .   I through properties in there because if there is one thing I can not stand,  it's a thief!

I used to work with an older man named Joe when I was working the summers during my high school days.   There was myself and another dude named Anthony, both of us from rival high schools.   Every time that Joe fucked up on the job, Anthony would look at me with this "I'm stoned" look and say......That fucking Joe mawn.    He didn't say man, he said mawn.   Before long everybody in the shop would say it every time he fucked up.....it was some funny shit back in the day to two high school jock stoners lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Good story WW!   I bet your best friend had some ringing in the ears after that lol.   I've never shot at a person on purpose thus far through my life,  but to protect me or my family or my properties,  I would in a heartbeat.   I would have to be in fear for my life or one of family members life before I pulled the trigger though .   I through properties in there because if there is one thing I can not stand,  it's a thief!

I used to work with an older man named Joe when I was working the summers during my high school days.   There was myself and another dude named Anthony, both of us from rival high schools.   Every time that Joe fucked up on the job, Anthony would look at me with this "I'm stoned" look and say......That fucking Joe mawn.    He didn't say man, he said mawn.   Before long everybody in the shop would say it every time he fucked up.....it was some funny shit back in the day to two high school jock stoners lol.

In a car, at three in the morning with little or no traffic going by,.. it was loud.