Leora & Paul Videos - Split #1

Guest NL

Guest Squirrel

5 X 8 glossies, framed - Are those words from Arlo Guthrie's 'Alice's Restaurant'.  Such a great anti-war protest song and almost 25 minutes long!!

Extremely familiar with this concept. The vinyl is stored in my garage. First edition. Not too many roach burns on it, either...

It's simply in the tradition of a good Scottish ballad; ballads that happened historically after Europeans met up again in a new land. And it's kinda funny. But extremely serious. Only advanced English speakers, or Americans of the time,  could understand...so I'll link, even though I should do this on Old Dudes--it was an important time in history, and it's funny, biting, political and cultural satire. Americans love satire:

I have the vinyl too. I just don't have the turntable working to play it at the moment. Ipod serves me well though.

It was (is) a great song and it is still relevant today. Anti-war songs are always current!!! The UK also loves satire along with irony. It is the essence of virtually all our humour.

Remember 'You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice!!!'

I have the vinyl too. I just don't have the turntable working to play it at the moment. Ipod serves me well though.

It was (is) a great song and it is still relevant today. Anti-war songs are always current!!! The UK also loves satire along with irony. It is the essence of virtually all our humour.

Remember 'You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice!!!'

Yes, but if you go down the street to Emily's.    ;)

Guest Squirrel

Yes, but if you go down the street to Emily's.    ;)

Lately, I've been hanging out with Sweet Virginia. Goes with the times.

Not that I'm opposed to the Beatles in any way: I mean, Her Majesty is a pretty nice gal, but, I''m gonna slide this thread over to Old Dudes where it belongs.... got the turn table spinning and the tubes on the McIntosh are heated up...See ya there...

I think it was 8X10 black and white gloosy photos with circles and arrows on the back telling what each one was about so cud be used against in a court of law. and they were about of the pile of garbage laying at the bottom of the cliff, cuz they threw the garbage down there with what appeared to be someone elses garbage cuz the dumps was closed.... and on and on and on.. oh and he told the cops "yes it was me that put that piece of paper with my name on it under that there garbage at the bottom of that cliff officer" ... hahaha.........

sorry about duplicate....   

just saw Squirrels post