Barcelona Apt. #1 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2016)

4 hours ago, blue is the colour said:

There are some idiots putting videos and pics on tweeter, and a couple of other sites.

See this is what I think cause all of the banning of the members here - or at least contributed to it.  I doubt there is a way to stop it but it can surely cause a problem.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• Dreamer24

• legrandrobert

• euromike69

1 hour ago, albacore said:

See this is what I think cause all of the banning of the members here - or at least contributed to it.  I doubt there is a way to stop it but it can surely cause a problem.

Good for RLC, bad for everybody else!

RLC's only method of response is the watermark. It cost them money to demand any site to take down posted media. At the previously mentioned cost of $200 per item, that would be counterproductive to their profits. Their plan is simple; find a picture or video with a watermark and ban the person it's connected to. As long as they are getting more subscribers than they are banning, the plan is profit-friendly.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, alanohio said:

RLC's only method of response is the watermark. It cost them money to demand any site to take down posted media. At the previously mentioned cost of $200 per item, that would be counterproductive to their profits. Their plan is simple; find a picture or video with a watermark and ban the person it's connected to. As long as they are getting more subscribers than they are banning, the plan is profit-friendly.

Obviously.  And I would believe that the vast majority of RLC subscribers are not reposting their content out on the web somewhere.  My point was that I believe that some of the pic's that were here for us to see were copied to other sites which then got those who posted them here banned.  It seemed that RLC left this site alone - and still may by the way - but we can't tell anymore as no one will risk posting here when someone could take those pics and post them to another site.  All of this seemed to change when they enhanced their watermark.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Elisa went to do some roller-blading. She had quite a few drinks of something too before she left, and even took some with her in a bottle. Never really noticed she drank alot till yesterday though.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, albacore said:

Obviously.  And I would believe that the vast majority of RLC subscribers are not reposting their content out on the web somewhere.  My point was that I believe that some of the pic's that were here for us to see were copied to other sites which then got those who posted them here banned.  It seemed that RLC left this site alone - and still may by the way - but we can't tell anymore as no one will risk posting here when someone could take those pics and post them to another site.  All of this seemed to change when they enhanced their watermark.

Honestly this isn't brain surgery. The terms of service are clear and written for all to see at the bottom of the site. It doesn't say everyone except CC members. When you copy and republish anything you are at risk. Many think "RLC would appreciate the free advertising" That is bullshit. This is property. If they want publicity they will provide what they want. Others trust members here. Stupid really. There are many members here who have been banned and I am sure have such contempt for RLC they would spread others copies just for retribution, not to mention provide to pay sites, twitter, hamster or others. Money talks. RLC owns the rights and it would be dumb for them not to protect it. As a matter of fact if they don't protect it, they have no recourse for people who share their material then they lose money. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, albacore said:

I don't think RLC leaves anyone alone. It's simply find an ID and ban the user, no matter where they find it. Each of the subscribers takes a risk posting a pic or video. Whether RLC finds it on the original posting site or somewhere else, the subscriber is responsible for that first post. Once you post a pic, anyone that see's it can report it elsewhere, and usually does. The ONLY way to keep yourself safe is find a way that destroys the watermark.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alanohio said:

I don't think RLC leaves anyone alone. It's simply find an ID and ban the user, no matter where they find it. Each of the subscribers takes a risk posting a pic or video. Whether RLC finds it on the original posting site or somewhere else, the subscriber is responsible for that first post. Once you post a pic, anyone that see's it can report it elsewhere, and usually does. The ONLY way to keep yourself safe is find a way that destroys the watermark.

Or don't repost anything.

• Upvote 1