International Strife, War, Power Games, UN, etc.

• 1 month later...

Allow me to lead off with this tidbit:

I find this thing about Russian interference in the last election, absurd from the point of view that the majority of those who voted against Mrs Clinton (not necessarily for Trump) had formed their opinions of her over the last three decades. Another question is why, over the last 2.5 decades, has the main target been the DNC or their ancillary businesses? And why are these hackers mostly foreign nationals?
Strangely enough, some of the most dangerous episodes of cyber espionage and copyright/patent theft have been perpetrated by China and usually during the watch of the Democratic administration; partly evidenced by this article http://eagleforum.org/psr/1998/june98/psrjune98.html and many others.

Here is  another interesting story; and for those who actually read the second article you should especially read the edits at the bottom of the article because it is more interesting (enlightening) than the main body of the article.
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/06/world/breach-los-alamos-special-report-china-stole-nuclear-secrets-for-bombs-us-aides.html

To me, this is far more serious than the Democrats' pitiful accusations of election tampering by Russia, snowflake whinings, black lives matter nonsense, and the idiotic gender identity confusion, which are mainly from the liberal-left's philosophy of "give it to me or I'll burn your house down and take it."

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ww_watcher said:

Another question is why, over the last 2.5 decades, has the main target been the DNC or their ancillary businesses? 

I don't know about 2.5 decades, but its been widely reported that the Russians did hack the RNC emails, but chose not to release them. I wonder why.

2 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

I don't know about 2.5 decades, but its been widely reported that the Russians did hack the RNC emails, but chose not to release them. I wonder why.

I guess I should have been less cryptic. I meant, I wonder if it really happened at all.

As to the hacking but non reporting of the RNC emails, I've seen no articles or [stupid] memes about that, which if so, would have been a rampage-worthy event and all over the news. You may be the only one who's heard that, which makes me question it too.

1 hour ago, ww_watcher said:

I guess I should have been less cryptic. I meant, I wonder if it really happened at all.

As to the hacking but non reporting of the RNC emails, I've seen no articles or [stupid] memes about that, which if so, would have been a rampage-worthy event and all over the news. You may be the only one who's heard that, which makes me question it too.

I guess Fox news didn't cover it, so it didn't happen.  A simple Google search should solve this.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/rnc-e-mail-was-hacked-901763

3 hours ago, eagleb1 said:

I guess Fox news didn't cover it, so it didn't happen.  A simple Google search should solve this.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/rnc-e-mail-was-hacked-901763

Firstly, thank you Eagle for at least reading my post. I appreciate the arguments. They help me think through my own.
    I have got to start watching the news. NOT! Will it never sink in that I don't watch network TV and I wouldn't go by what those folks say anyway without at least some kind of rudimentary fact-checking. I do read (or watch) the things you guys and others suggest and I read things which I discover. I do read for content and I do look up the things, which are suggested as fact, from different sources...not always successfully, but I can tell when, or find out if, someone is blowin' smoke up my butt. That isn't to say that you are necessarily doing so but others have tried. 
   Things like the following in bold type, always catch my attention when used to bolster a possible rumor up to factual status, 

Citing "senior administration officials," the Times reported that officials believe Russian agents hacked the RNC’s computer systems, but “did not release whatever information they gleaned from the Republican networks.” The Post reported that “U.S. officials” said that the RNC’s “computer systems were also probed and possibly penetrated by hackers tied to Russian intelligence services, but that it remains unclear how much material--if any--was taken from the RNC.” The newspaper added that, “The lack of a corresponding Republican trove has contributed to the CIA assessment...`that Russia was seeking to elect Trump and not merely to disrupt last month’s presidential election.”

Keep in mind that www.thesmokinggun.com is just another electronic rumor rag. So my questions would be, who are these "senior officials" because sources are important, and "...probed and possibly penetrated..." why would they try and pass it off as fact when it is still barely conjecture? Did the Ruskies try successfully or unsuccessfully to hack the RNC? (Possible DNC security issues suggested there) I am still left wondering whether either group was actually hacked by the Ruskies at all, instead of the leak(s) being an inside job; which I find much more likely. Still, if this had actually been an issue it would have been all over the "other" news networks and you or someone else here would have been posting it loudly (figuratively speaking). 
My original point of Mrs Clinton's 30 years of reputation building is still valid. ..and just for clarity's sake, my confidence in President Trump is still unsettled.