"LOST IN TRANSLATION" EXPERIMENT - TRY IT YOURSELVES!!

Guest HappyChap

Guest HappyChap

I decided to test google translate.....

Here is my first experiment..... English to Spanish to Russian and back to English

"I think Nora is sexy"

becomes

"I think it's sexy Nora"

hmmm, not great!!!

Next I will try a love poem....

Guest HappyChap

Second experiment.....

English to Russian to Spanish back to English.....

"Roses are red, violets are blue, you look so pretty and I love you"

becomes

"Roses are red, violets are blue, you look so beautiful and I love you"

Pretty good that time!!!!

Now for something more complex.......

Guest HappyChap

Definition of voyeurism: 

Voyeurism is the sexual interest in or practice of spying on people engaged in intimate behaviors, such as undressing, sexual activity, or other actions usually considered to be of a private nature.

The principal characteristic of voyeurism is that the voyeur does not normally relate directly with the subject of his/her interest, who is often unaware of being observed. Voyeurism may involve the making of a secret photograph or video of the subject during an intimate activity.

The term comes from the French voyeur, "one who looks".

through Russian and Spanish and back to English again... becomes...

Voyeurism is a sexual interest in or practice of spying on people in intimate behaviors, such as undressing, sexual activity, or other action is usually considered the nature of voyeurism privado.La main feature is that the voyeur is usually not directly related kpredmetom his / her interests, which are often not aware of being watched. Voyeurism may include covert photos or video of the patient during the period íntima.El activity comes from the French voyeur, "one who looks"

Not bad, google translate.....

Guest HappyChap

Try this.

Translate the following sentence from english to vietnamese and then back to english again

"will justin bieber ever hit puberty

Ha Ha! Nice one.....

Justin Bieber will never reach puberty

Guest HappyChap

"Will Paul ever keep his shorts off in bed" through Spanish and Russian turns into:

"Not Paul Will not let her in bed with shorts"  ;D

I suspect Google Translate is far better starting from English. A better test would be to start from Russian and move to Spanish and then to English. Translate invariable gets the structure of the sentence wrong!

Key words come at the end of an English sentence but appear to start with key words in other languages. Btw I cannot speak any other language than English, American, Australian, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand or South African! Fucking hell I AM multi-lingual!!!

Guest HappyChap

I suspect Google Translate is far better starting from English. A better test would be to start from Russian and move to Spanish and then to English. Translate invariable gets the structure of the sentence wrong!

Key words come at the end of an English sentence but appear to start with key words in other languages. Btw I cannot speak any other language than English, American, Australian, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand or South African! Fucking hell I AM multi-lingual!!!

You are insane, Van!!! Why not test your hypothesis with some loving words from yourself to Nora?  ;D

Guest HappyChap

Actually I just realised what a dumb suggestion that was....you need to find some Russian love potry....

sorry, love POETRY not potry (= pottery!!) .... dur!!!