Leora & Paul - Videos (2018)

@StnCld316, I'll pose this question to you, since I know you have a lot
of experience with videos, but I invite anyone who would like to offer
an answer, to please do so.

I have two video files. Both are MP4 files. Both have exactly the same
name (not that it matters for this question), even though they were
posted by two different users. And, both are exactly the same length,
to the second. However, one file is 123 MB and the other is 535 MB.

I know that the same video in different formats, such as AVI and MP4,
will have different file sizes, but why would two MP4 files with exactly
the same length, have such vastly different file sizes?

Thank you to everyone for your help.

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

@ StnCld316 , le haré esta pregunta, ya que sé que tiene mucha
experiencia con los videos, pero invito a cualquier persona que desee ofrecer
una respuesta, por favor, hágalo.

Tengo dos archivos de video. Ambos son archivos MP4. Ambos tienen exactamente el mismo
nombre (no es que importe para esta pregunta), aunque fueron
publicados por dos usuarios diferentes. Y, ambos son exactamente de la misma longitud,
al segundo . Sin embargo, un archivo es de 123 MB y el otro es de 535 MB.

Sé que el mismo video en diferentes formatos, como AVI y MP4,
tendrá diferentes tamaños de archivo, pero ¿por qué dos archivos MP4 con exactamente
la misma longitud tendrían tamaños de archivo tan diferentes?

Gracias a todos por su ayuda.

Hola amigo letsdothis, vaya por delante que no soy un experto solo un aprendiz. 

.. supongo que además del formato (mp4, avi, etc...) el tamaño del fotogram ancho x alto será el mismo, por lo que nos queda la velocidad  (framerate o FPS)  fotogramas por segundo, ... no es lo mismo un video de 15 Fps que otro a 25 o 30, el peso del video será superior cuantos mas tenga y lógicamente tendrá más calidad., también intervienen el tipo códec con el que se codifique, y la tasa de bits.

Mp4. es un contenedor de imagen y audio dependiendo del tamaño del frame, la tasa de bits y del códec con el que se comprime varia el peso del archivo de video final.

Se que no es una respuesta muy técnica pero seguro que algún experto nos lo explicará con más detalle y mejores palabras :biggrin:

Un saludo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hope85 said:

.. I suppose that in addition to the format (mp4, avi, etc ...) the size of the photogram width x height will be the same, so we have the speed (framerate or FPS) frames per second, ... it is not same a video of 15 Fps that another one to 25 or 30, the weight of the video will be superior the more it has and logically it will have more quality., also intervene the type codec with which it is codified, and the bit rate. Mp4. it is an image and audio container depending on the codec with which it is compressed, the weight of the final video varies. I know that it is not a very technical answer but surely some expert will explain it to us in more detail and better words: biggrin: Greetings:

Thank you, Hope! It's a great answer and it all makes perfect sense.
Well, I still have questions about codecs. Mainly, what's a good codec
to use for good quality in an MP4 container?

When I looked up bitrate, I found this description, which was very
helpful, especially the last sentence:

"Bitrate can also describe the quality of an audio or video file. For example, an MP3 audio file that is compressed at 192 Kbps will have a greater dynamic range and may sound slightly more clear than the same audio file compressed at 128 Kbps. This is because more bits are used to represent the audio data for each second of playback. Similarly, a video file that is compressed at 3000 Kbps will look better than the same file compressed at 1000 Kbps. Just like the quality of an image is measured in resolution, the quality of an audio or video file is measured by the bitrate."

Whenever I think about FPS, I'm always reminded of the high-speed
videographers who shoot at 1000s of frames per second (those files
must be gigantic). When they play it back at regular speed, we can
see a bullet shot from a gun or a hummingbird's wings beating, in
slow motion. I love high-speed photography.

Thanks again, Hope. That was very helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

It depends on the Video Software that was used to encode the Video. Some may encode using an MPEG-4 or AAC Codecs and the Video will be at regular Size of 150MB or sometimes less depending on the length of the Video. Others may encode using the H.264 Codec and it will take that same Video and make the size 3 or 4 times larger depending on the Screen Resolution Size whether 720p or 1080p was chosen in their settings.FPS also have a difference as well in the outcome of the size.  The encoding Software I use I could re-encode that 535MB Video between about 80MB - 100MB using a .avi Format and Xvid or AC3 Codecs without affecting the actual quality of the Original Video.  I don't worry much about using that HD (High Definition) stuff. It's just a waste of Bandwidth and System Resources to download.  Most users with a Standard 30 inch or Less LED Monitor would never see much difference between a 720p or a 1080p Video.  Most Downloaders today have Unlimited Usage Internet Plans so the size of the Video Downloaded doesn't matter to many but the ones that are Metered on their Bandwidth have to watch how much they Download as they have to pay their Internet Provider more Money for going over their Allotted Data Usage and those extra charges can be quite extensive depending on who they have for an Internet Provider.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Can i put my nose in the debate - as always i picked up the hint  from you as you always do with me  & i have some kind of answer,but hope to be useful ,As for the video of the length of 535 MB is the original recording. the owner it made an error to the link of video in mab,it showing up the image link instead of the link of video..and either about the video length of 123MB is Minimize out of the original because the site of zippyshare doesn't uploading videos larger than 500 MB, so there is the one of users was rep up it and posted under his name, wish you are now found the trick.. or a hint or whatever it  .. my friend ..😉😉

Edited: the owner means 1st one who is posted it ..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, loveslulu said:

Video has hidden watermarks with user id do you know a program that removes them? Even by hiding my id bottom left they find me and blocks my account

Correct me if I'm wrong but as long as you cover up the ID properly you should be safe. You may have accidentally scrolled up or down therefor exposing your id. That's what happened to me last week resulting in my ban.