A polite discussion about conservatism

itsme

normally the liberal mindset doesn't try to force the conservative to change. but the conservative is never satisfied. their entire existence is spent trying to get everyone to not be able to do anything. but when that seems to be accomplished they'll find the next thing to complain about as that is the main goal, to force everyone to pay attention to them rather than actually living their own life.

56 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

normally the liberal mindset doesn't try to force the conservative to change. but the conservative is never satisfied. their entire existence is spent trying to get everyone to not be able to do anything. but when that seems to be accomplished they'll find the next thing to complain about as that is the main goal, to force everyone to pay attention to them rather than actually living their own life.

You seem to be psychologically projecting. 😏

2 hours ago, golfer06 said:

Your description of conservatives is a perfect description of the Democrat Party's candidates for president. Based upon what I've seen in their debates,  they want to control every aspect of every American's life.

18 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Your description of conservatives is a perfect description of the Democrat Party's candidates for president. Based upon what I've seen in their debates,  they want to control every aspect of every American's life.

no. they just want to be able to have a clean environment, access to healthcare without going bankrupt, and to be able to go to church, school, driving, & shopping without being shot to death. but i guess that is too hard to understand. no problem. just continue to enjoy living in oppositeland.

8 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

no. they just want to be able to have a clean environment, access to healthcare without going bankrupt, and to be able to go to church, school, driving, & shopping without being shot to death. but i guess that is too hard to understand. no problem. just continue to enjoy living in oppositeland.

You must be a member of the DNC.   

25 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

i'm actually a registered independent & if the republicans did even 1 thing that i liked i might vote for them. but i don't expect that to happen anytime in the near future.

You don't like a low unemployment rate and higher wages for working people? 

19 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

yes but higher wages is a lie. also no bennies or pension.

I disagree, i am seeing higher wages in my field and others.  corporate tax cuts don't always work but in this case they have improved wages and unemployment.  better to cut corporate taxes than have the government control wages - example $15-$20 minimum wage will kill small business, but some candidates must support it to get elected.

30 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

yes but higher wages is a lie. also no bennies or pension.

so the government report I posted earlier showing an increase in wages is a lie???

For those who work for individuals or companies who do not offer such,  there is social security for retirement.  Also rather than everyone expecting to

get pensions, retirement benefits, etc--how about something called saving for retirement yourself???

What other bennies are you talking about???