Another pointless question

TBG 150

Why is there + - 14,000 members and only maybe 50 post anything or even just reply to a post? Language barrier of not, jump in and participate with the rest of us. You're welcome here like anyone else

Dammit people. If you want to join a forum, jump in and participate. What are you doing? Joining up so you can see the links and sit in the solitude of your dwelling and beat the piss out of your best buddy?

I realize that this is the new world way of meeting people, but damn. How boring to just sit there?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand things years after I'm dead and gone know one will meet face to face it will all be done on computers.  Even having sex with someone over the internet will be done and you will be able to feel and see the person you are having sex with.  So You might as well post something and get it over with because sooner or later this will be the only way to talk with people.

Like in that movie about the cop that was part of a cryogenics project and he and some villan wake up hundreds of years into the future and duke it out. I don't know the name, but it's got some babe that I've love to park my yacht in her hair harbor. Sandra somebody.

I don't support the Leftist Loonies out in Kalifornia.

And thinking about it, if not for the Internet, I would have never been able to shitty-chat with you fine group of fucks.  ;)

Guest Squirrel

The movie was "Demolition Man" with Sly Stallone & Sandra Bullock.

A similar movie, where people wake up from a cryogenic experiment, which fits in perfectly with the way things are run now days, is called "Idiocracy." It's probably not the best made American picture since "Amadeus," but certainly it's extremely appropriate and as hilarious as it is true.

Guest kevinbsam7

Random observation. I can't think of a single time when I've seen any of the Russian housemates (for want of a better term..) smiling or laughing at something on TV. Do they not have comedy on Russian TV?

Well....I may as well cash it in too. All of the English speaking Americans have all gone else where. Squirrel, Swampy, NL, Happy Chap, etc... all gone.  :'(  Nothing left but a few Frenchies, Krauts and Spics.

I guess I'll check in once in a while to see who's still alive.

But I won't delete the account. I'll just go terrorize Kaotic. Even there, there are a few now that don't write in English. We're a dying breed anymore.

Wow... you are bored.. you ask for people  to participate in the forum...

spics...HUh...it's been awhile since I've heard that... brings back memories... there was a time that would've  bother me.. but Now i smile... then keep it going.. but don't take the smile as a weakness... 

Nah. Not bored. It's just a major chore to translate the board to read it. And even then the translation is shitty. There are more and more replies and threads that are in languages unfamiliar to me that it make reading the threads very dificult. Part of a thread is in English, then it changes to French, then Spanish. You lose the flow of the conversation when that happens

I'm sure for others it's the same. Trying to read an English thread if you are Spanish or French can't be easy.

As for the off color names, that's just me. I see words as words. They have less and less meaning when they are used as everyday language. You don't think I hear Gringo all of the time? It doesn't bother me. It's just a word. Like Chink, Frog, Ruskie, Spic, Limey. Who cares what you call me? Just don't call me late for dinner.

And yes, this place is a slight addiction, just to see what was posted.

To better understand what is being said other than French, I using two translators.

http://translate.google.fr/#fr/en/

http://www.reverso.net/text_translation.aspx?lang=FR

En_Français.

Afin de suivre les conversations autres que Français, je m'aide de 2 translateurs.

http://translate.google.fr/#fr/en/

http://www.reverso.net/text_translation.aspx?lang=FR

I'll look into the 'reverso' link that you posted. When you search for translators, you come up with everything but. And Google Translate is horrible, as can be seen right here on this board.