Free virus

Guest azerty75012

Guest azerty75012

(USER HAS BEEN BANNED)

People think its funny by sending virusses here...

So link is removed and user is banned.

I will lock this thread and keep it so people will see that there is NO WAY TO GET RLC FOR FREE!

Please people, dont fall for it!

Avast is one of the best programs out there. Free or paid. I use the paid version. It doesn't slow down the computer the way the other big guys do. And it gets everything, not just what the spammers pay them to not get.

I swear McAfee and Norton are paid to look the other way.

Guest Squirrel

Avast is one of the best programs out there. Free or paid. I use the paid version. It doesn't slow down the computer the way the other big guys do. And it gets everything, not just what the spammers pay them to not get.

Actually, at McAfee and Norton there's a secret little enclosed room when their best people create a new virus every day, and release it unto the world. The next day, they hand the 'code' through a slot in the door, so that their unknown co-workers can solve it, create the fixes, and supposedly save the world.

Sounds paranoid. Could be.

But TBG150 is correct. If you're on Windows, AVG or Avast! work fine. Myself, I rely on Linux and proxies for dealing with sketchy sites and I NEVER DOWNLOAD AN .EXE!  (Plus, I avoid Chrome because of Google's penchant for tracking everybody...)

Actually, at McAfee and Norton there's a secret little enclosed room when their best people create a new virus every day, and release it unto the world. The next day, they hand the 'code' through a slot in the door, so that their unknown co-workers can solve it, create the fixes, and supposedly save the world.

Sounds paranoid. Could be.

But TBG150 is correct. If you're on Windows, AVG or Avast! work fine. Myself, I rely on Linux and proxies for dealing with sketchy sites and I NEVER DOWNLOAD AN .EXE!  (Plus, I avoid Chrome because of Google's penchant for tracking everybody...)

Doesn't matter what browser you use, you are being tracked...by Google and by a whole host of other organizations.

I use Opera mostly...Firefox and Chrome occasionally...but for those three browsers (don't know about IE...I never use it), there is an extension called "Ghostery".  This extension will detect and block tracking sites.

It is eye-opening to see what is keeping track of you.

Chrome uses 'In Cognito' and IE has their 'In Private', extensions. I couldn't tell you how well they work, just that when used, no cookies are loaded up on the session and some sites just refuse to work if they can't set a cookie.

I did some research on Linux, but I'm not educated in the terminology of the computer world enough. Both of my sets are Windozed based, and I was trying to see if Linux could be loaded onto a Windoze machine. I never did get the answer.

I just figure that I'll have to get a bare hard drive to load it and try the workings of it. But I mostly just use a computer for Internet and email. I don't think that I use 5% of it's capacity to do what it can do.