Maya & Stepan Pictures - Split #1

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole argument about Tattoos revolves around stereotypes, and for the most part, those that have them are pigeon holing themselves with their markings.

The style of marking defines who they are and their social peers.

So it is easy to generalize and make blanket statements regarding them.

Woodworker is correct in what he has said, even if some people may not like the way it was said.

People who have tattoos, male or female, do not stereotype or pigeon hole themselves, that is done by narrow minded bigots that have no concept of life outside their own four walls. I have an adult son who doesn't have tatts or piercings but my two adult daughters both do and anybody making some of the pathetic comments about people with tatts I've seen on this site wouldn't want to be standing in front of me if they directed them at either of my girls. If you don't like tatts, fine, just say so, but don't add the biased and uneducated comments about the people that own them. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, policemen, firemen, high ranking officers or frontline soldiers who have fought for their country, male and female, wear tatts. Which stereotype or pigeon hole do you want to attach to them?

One of our uneducated state governments has now decided to outlaw motor cycle gangs, labelling anyone that rides a high powered bike a gang member. This idiotic bigotry went so far recently that two young guys were arrested for wearing Sons of Anarchy colours (for those that don't know it's a television series). When the cops realised their mistake as the colours were just tee shirts promoting a tv show, they let them off with a warning! They didn't stereotype themselves, the guys don't even ride bikes. The stereotyping was done by the narrow minded bigots that don't understand or accept something different from their own limited likes, dislikes and in many cases a fear of change or something new.

The whole argument about Tattoos revolves around stereotypes, and for the most part, those that have them are pigeon holing themselves with their markings.

The style of marking defines who they are and their social peers.

So it is easy to generalize and make blanket statements regarding them.

Woodworker is correct in what he has said, even if some people may not like the way it was said.

People who have tattoos, male or female, do not stereotype or pigeon hole themselves, that is done by narrow minded bigots that have no concept of life outside their own four walls. I have an adult son who doesn't have tatts or piercings but my two adult daughters both do and anybody making some of the pathetic comments about people with tatts I've seen on this site wouldn't want to be standing in front of me if they directed them at either of my girls. If you don't like tatts, fine, just say so, but don't add the biased and uneducated comments about the people that own them. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, policemen, firemen, high ranking officers or frontline soldiers who have fought for their country, male and female, wear tatts. Which stereotype or pigeon hole do you want to attach to them?

One of our uneducated state governments has now decided to outlaw motor cycle gangs, labelling anyone that rides a high powered bike a gang member. This idiotic bigotry went so far recently that two young guys were arrested for wearing Sons of Anarchy colours (for those that don't know it's a television series). When the cops realised their mistake as the colours were just tee shirts promoting a tv show, they let them off with a warning! They didn't stereotype themselves, the guys don't even ride bikes. The stereotyping was done by the narrow minded bigots that don't understand or accept something different from their own limited likes, dislikes and in many cases a fear of change or something new.

Thats exactly what i was tying to say when i put my responded, and they took offense to me calling them old farts but how do they think people like myself that has tattoos and piercings felt when they said we are low class....bigotry and stereotyping is a sad reality in this world that wont never change,

People who have tattoos, male or female, do not stereotype or pigeon hole themselves, that is done by narrow minded bigots that have no concept of life outside their own four walls. I have an adult son who doesn't have tatts or piercings but my two adult daughters both do and anybody making some of the pathetic comments about people with tatts I've seen on this site wouldn't want to be standing in front of me if they directed them at either of my girls. If you don't like tatts, fine, just say so, but don't add the biased and uneducated comments about the people that own them. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, policemen, firemen, high ranking officers or frontline soldiers who have fought for their country, male and female, wear tatts. Which stereotype or pigeon hole do you want to attach to them?

Damn this was so awesomely said.

People who have tattoos, male or female, do not stereotype or pigeon hole themselves, that is done by narrow minded bigots that have no concept of life outside their own four walls.

B.S. but you're entitled to your opinion.

I stand by what I said, I also don't see the need to bring a separate topic into the argument, but if that is all you have.....

People who have tattoos, male or female, do not stereotype or pigeon hole themselves, that is done by narrow minded bigots that have no concept of life outside their own four walls.

I stand by what I said, I also don't see the need to bring a separate topic into the argument, but if that is all you have.....

Just remember Panther, Your dealing with your basic MTV crowd here.

Guest Squirrel

I hate needles. They scare me. That's why I'm alive and my old high school mates who shot heroin and coke and meth are all long dead.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion about tattoos. I am really too old to fucking care anymore.

And Maya or anyone else is entitled to their own tattoos. Hell, it's their body, not mine.

Besides, regardless of which side you take on the argument, Maya is a pretty cool woman...of this we must all agree. Everyone loves Maya. I can deal with the tat.

Just remember Panther, Your dealing with your basic MTV crowd here.

Wow, is that it? If basic MTV crowd means that despite being 60+ I can still spend quality time with my kids enjoying the things they do and embrace modern ideas and change then yes, count me in as one of the basic MTV crowd.