#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

2 hours ago, Alladino said:

Please, look at this case. I'm curious about your opinion. 

@Ridgerunner I would also be very interested to hear your opinion on this case.

Where are all the videos that show police helping people, which far outnumber the occasions of police mistreating people?  You and the news sources who present a one sided story have an agenda to smear all police based upon the actions of a few. Do protesters say prosecute abusive police officers or  get rid of abusive officers? No, they say abolish all police.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, happyone said:

I love the way you political left leaning individuals always use charged words.  That push was in no way barbaric. How the hell do you thing that when they are in a formation, which you do not usually break those ranks,  that they were supposed to get that man out of their way when he did not listen to them to get out of the way???? 

First off let's not waste time arguing about semantics.To me it was barbaric, to you, it was not, we could go round in circles but we might have more fun figuring out what shade of blue the sky is.

Secondly, I love the way everything is about politics to you. I am not left leaning, you have no idea what my politics are regarding numerous situations, you only know my humanity. I don't identify as a democrat nor do I identify as a republican. I am not someone who fits in one box or another. I support the BLM and I love cops. Sorry there is more than just two schools of thought in this world. 

I don't expect you, a layman, to know how to get an unarmed older man out of the way without pushing him but I definitely expect law enforcement officers to know how to do that strategically. The fact that you can't fathom a way to do it doesn't mean there isn't a way. I'm sure a person trained in the art of defense and formation would know exactly how to do that. Pushing is not the professional response. I hold my police officers to a high standard. 

Why are you so against cops getting better training and being held to a higher standard? Just as bad as people that want to disband the police.

Edited by AntEater

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Where are all the videos that show police helping people, which far outnumber the occasions of police mistreating people?  You and the news sources who present a one sided story have an agenda to smear all police based upon the actions of a few. Do protesters say prosecute abusive police officers or  get rid of abusive officers? No, they say abolish all police.

I'm not for abolishing the police. The idea of restricting police work to the essentials and using freed resources for prevention crime is, however, worthy of discussion. 

In general, it must be possible to prosecute police officers who have acted wrongly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AntEater said:

First off let's not waste time arguing about semantics.To me it was barbaric, to you, it was not, we could go round in circles but we might have more fun gifting out what shade of blue the sky is.

Secondly, I love the way everything is about politics to you. I am not left leaning, you have no idea what my politics are regarding numerous situations, you only know my humanity. I don't identify as a democrat nor do I identify as a republican. I am not someone who fits in one box or another. I support the BLM and I love cops. Sorry there is more than just two schools of thought in this world. 

I don't expect you, a layman, to know how to get an unarmed older man out of the way without pushing him but I definitely expect law enforcement officers to know how to do that strategically. The fact that you can't fathom a way to do it doesn't mean there isn't a way. I'm sure a person trained in the art of defense and formation would know exactly how to do that. Pushing is not the professional response. I hold my police officers to a high standard. 

Why are you so against cops getting better training and being held to a higher standard? Just as bad as people that want to disband the police.

Show me where I ever said I was against cops getting better training?  Cops should be held to a high standard, but I would need to see exactly what you mean by a higher standard before I agreed to that. SO STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

6 minutes ago, AntEater said:

First off let's not waste time arguing about semantics.To me it was barbaric, to you, it was not, we could go round in circles but we might have more fun gifting out what shade of blue the sky is.

The guy is a veteran political activist and professional agitator/protester.  When you see sharks in the water, best not to jump in...let alone poke them with your cell phone and stand in their way.  He may not have deserved to get what he got, but  he set it up for the cameras and it backfired on him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LMAO I think you're putting words in my mouth buddy. I was replying to happy (as you can clearly see) and he said pushing someone as a police officer was a legitimate response considering the circumstances, because as a man he would do the same. Do keep up.

2 minutes ago, AntEater said:

LMAO I think you're putting words in my mouth buddy. I was replying to happy (as you can clearly see) and he said pushing someone as a police officer was a legitimate response considering the circumstances, because as a man he would do the same. Do keep up.

Sorry about that. But I bet happy would also not be opposed to more police training.

• Like 1

There is currently an article by POLITICO on MSN  entitled "The City That Actually Got Rid of the Police" which if you read the article you will see is a total lie. The story is about Camden, NJ where the police system was reformed not gotten rid of.

15 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

The guy is a veteran political activist and professional agitator/protester.  When you see sharks in the water, best not to jump in...let alone poke them with your cell phone and stand in their way.  He may not have deserved to get what he got, but  he set it up for the cameras and it backfired on him.

That may all be true, but the point is the officer had a job to do and he could have handled the situation in a more professional manner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Sorry about that. But I bet happy would also not be opposed to more police training.

I see I have a spokes person--🤣

But yes, I would not be opposed to more police training--and stricter measures to eliminate the bad cops in the force.  

• Like 1